Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hillard C Sharf has the following 2 specialties
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. Hillard C Sharf has the following 29 expertise
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Carotid Artery Diseases (CAD)
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Movement Disorders
- Memory Disorders
- Seizure Disorders
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Migraine Disorder
- Cerebral Palsy
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Nerve Conduction Studies
- Cerebellar Ataxia
- Spinal Stenosis
- Primary Headache Disorders
- Brain Aneurysm
- Migraine Disorders
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Spinal Cord Compression
- Bell's Palsy
Dr. Hillard C Sharf has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 4 of 4
The good thing I can say is he did spend an adequate amount of time with me and the staff was courteous and easy to deal with. I was disappointed because after 4 visits he still had no idea who I was and I had to explain my situation each time I visited. I never did get resolution to my problem that I visited for and left a little more frustrated than when I began. I would not recommend Dr.Sharf to any of my friends or family members.
I could not be happier with Dr. Sharf, my mother was having severe problems, we all thought she was just showing signs of dementia since she was in her 80's. But after treatment she is like a new woman-her memory is better than mine! Thank you for giving her back to us. Dr. Sharf was wonderful with her and with us.
Dr. Sharf is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
43 Years Experience
Drexel University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1975
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsHillard C Sharf Md, 2 Stead Ct, Voorhees, NJ
Dr. Hillard C Sharf is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Voorhees, NJ.