Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Himanshu M Patel
Dr. Himanshu M Patel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Rome, GA. He has 18 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Patel is affiliated with Floyd Medical Center and Redmond Regional Medical Center. Dr. Patel has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Himanshu M Patel has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Failure
- High Cholesterol
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Heart Block
- Blood Clot
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 9
I was assigned this doctor to read my electrocardiogram. At the time I took the test by the Harbin Clinic and was not given a chance to check on him. I have had two of these tests before so I know a good one from a poorly written one. The one Petal did was not up to my standards. I am real disappointed that he did not use one figure when stating the left ventricular ejection fraction amount like on the other two tests I took did a few years ago. They were from two different doctors and clinics. Preventative health care is important to me and exact amounts on test are necessary. I also need exact amount for disability evaluation. Now I have to take another stress echo test in Atlanta instead of at the Harbin Clinic in Rome Ga to get the proper information. The office manager left a message for him to call me but he never did. It was a waste of effort, time and money. I had to wait along time for the results. The nurse did not put his results in her computer. I called her and left a message without a call back. When I finally reached her she told me what happened. Poor service all the way around.
I have never been treated so rudely by a doctor in my life. Don't dare ask a question about your loved one's care if Dr Patel is treating them. As other reviews state, he looks at you as if you are an idiot, argues with you and seems to wonder why you would question his godly intellect. We are moving our loved one to another hospital other than Floyd because we do not want any further discourse, if you can even call it that, with this rude and arrogant man. When I questioned his behavior he said "I don't need a lecture in bedside manner from you sir" and walked out of the room.
This doctor did not even listen to my chest. He sat and berated me saying TWICE, "I'm trying to slap you straight". I have previously had a heart attack while under another doctors care and he refuses to acknowledge it. I felt very insulted. Basically, he spent 3 minutes chewing me out and left the room. He never asked how I was doing. On previous visits my husband was with me and he was nice but this time I was alone and fair game for him to pounce on me with no witness to his extremely rude and bazaar behavior. I am still in shock! I would not advise anyone to see this doctor but if you do be sure to bring a witness especially if you are female.
NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program
The NCQA Heart/Stroke Recognition Program was launched in 2003. This voluntary program is designed to recognize clinicians who use evidence-based measures and provide excellent care to persons with cardiovascular disease (CVD) or who have had a stroke.
Bridges to Excellence: Cardiac Care Recognition Program
Cardiovascular disease refers to a number of very serious and costly conditions, including Ischemic Heart Disease (IHD). To encourage more effective treatment and management, BTE worked with cardiac care experts
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
18 Years Experience
Louisiana State University School Of Medicine In New Orleans
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Himanshu M Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHarbin Clinic Inc, 504 Redmond Rd NW, Rome, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Himanshu M Patel in this video.
Dr. Himanshu M Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Rome, GA.