Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome Facts about carpal tunnel syndrome, including the causes and symptoms.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Fibromyalgia Facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Himanshu R Patel
Dr. Himanshu R Patel, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Dallas, TX, with another office in McKinney, TX. He has 21 years of experience. His specialties include Rheumatology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Patel is affiliated with McLane Children's Hospital Scott & White and Baylor Scott And White Medical Center White Rock. Dr. Patel has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Himanshu R Patel has the following 2 specialties
A rheumatologist is a physician who has received extensive training in diagnosing and treating rheumatic conditions. Rheumatic conditions involve the joints, soft tissues, autoimmune system, vascular system, and connective tissues.
Some of the conditions that rheumatologists treat are rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, gout, sarcoidosis, vasculitis, and lupus. These are all conditions that involve a lot of pain and make mobility difficult. Rheumatologists use medications, such as analgesics, NSAIDs, steroids, DMARDs, infliximab, and adalimumab, as well as occupational therapy, in order to decrease pain and improve a patient's quality of life.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Himanshu R Patel has the following 8 expertise
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Rheumatic Diseases
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
Dr. Himanshu R Patel has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 9
This doctor is probably very smart, unfortunately he is poor at human interaction, listening, and diagnosing properly. The man needs a reality check to understand that he is in a service industry, to HELP people. Terrible attitude, and doesn't listen. His staff for the most part is productive, but cold, and I haven't ever had to wait very long in that office. I think the 2 items are somewhat related. I think a lot of these docs nowadays just realize there isn't a shortage of patients, so they just don't care. I honestly wish I had all of the visits with this guy tape recorded so I could share them. Really awful experience with this guy.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Dr. Patel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
21 Years Experience
Western University Of Health Sciences
Graduated in 1997
Mary Hitchcock Memorial Hospital
Dr. Himanshu R Patel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Himanshu R Patel in this video.
Dr. Himanshu R Patel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Dallas, TX.