Dr. Hiralal Maheshwari Is this you?

3.3

Have you seen Dr. Hiralal Maheshwari?

$1,200 an hour to visit this doctor.

Posted on March 13th, 2017

Dr. Maheshwari met with my wife for a total of 20 minutes and charged her $400 for the office visit. That works out to $1,200/hr in case you are wondering. To top it off the doctor was dismissive of her input in regards to a functional medicine approach to solving the root cause and instead prescribed a diabetic medicine for my wife's thyroid problem. I'm not a doctor so we'll leave that comment for what it's worth, just wanted to warn folks they will pay $400 for 20 minute consultation.

Just Terrible

Posted on May 16th, 2016

Just terrible. Dr. has been missing for 5+ days. Office number keeps going to an answering service that didn't even know calls were being forwarded. I can't get the treatment that I need and no one can find the doctor or the office staff.

Posted on February 22nd, 2016

Can't communicate with pharmacy correctly or in timely manner. I'm a diabetic and have run out of insulin more than once because of him and his staff not responding quickly for refills

Wouldn't go any where else

Posted on November 18th, 2015

I was referred to Dr. Maheshwari from a friend who absolute loves him. I have never EVER had a doctor call me with results and he did. He spent time with me and actually listened. His Rn is equally amazing, and very funny and engaging. You can tell the medical staff really cares. The front staff is not as friendly as the Dr and Rn, but they're still okay.

Posted on August 6th, 2015

Everyone in office is great!! Excellent staff and physicain A+++

In limbo

Posted on July 9th, 2015

I went Dr. Maheshwari Because a friend had great results with him. Showed up for my appointment on time. I ended up waiting 45 minutes to only be led into a room and wait another 20 minutes. Finally, his assistant came in and took my information down and was talking about medications I would be put on. Whoa, medication I'd be on, really. Dr. Maheshwari, burst into the room touches my neck and proceeds to tell me I have nodgules on my thyroid and tells me I have to go for an ultrasound but not to worry only 3% are cancerous. Then leaves the room. Against my better judgement, I go and have the ultrasound done in his office a week later. To this day I have not received a call about my results. I have called, repeatedly, wanting my results; but I have gotten nothing. Oh, wait, I did get something. A bill for over $200. After insurance.

Finally

Posted on March 16th, 2015

I have only seen the doctor one time. I just relocated to the area and wanted to finally seen an endocrinologist. I was DX w/PCOS since my teens. I have always stuck to the OB/GYN for it, but was tired of not getting anywhere. Especially when it came to the TTC that has been going on for over 2 year. I brought my previous basic labs and after telling him of all my issues and how I HATE HATE metformin, since that is all I have been put on, I found out he is a metformin stickler. I told him I really hate taking any medication because I worry about what it will do to my body later. He said something no other dr has told me, but I am worried about what is happening to your body now, since you are not taking anything. That reverse psychology worked on it. But I am not on regular metformin. I am on the name brand Glumetza. It has been a life saver. Metformin IR and ER have been a nightmare. I had such awful stomach issues on metformin that I just could not deal with it. Dr said the Glumetza was similar but worked different. I asked about the cost and he said google and get the coupon for it to be $5. I gave in. He sent the RX off. He ran additional labs that no other dr I've asked to do have done. I've been on the Glumetza for a month, and I have not had any stomach issues. Not with the low dose, not with increasing the dose. Finally, a pill that is helping. My wait time was about 10 min to be called back. I had my weight/bp by an older woman. The check out is the worse. The lady that checks you in, also checks you out. She also handles calls. Lets just say she is not the fastest receptionist around. But in Crystal Lake, I have not been to a dr that does have one.

Never return

Posted on March 3rd, 2015

Spends absolutely no time with you. Yet bills your insurance for 30-45 min consult.

Very caring, great bedside manner

Posted on September 26th, 2014

He is an awesome Dr with a great bedside manner. He is genuinely concerned about his patients overall health. I would not hesitate to recommend him.

miss diagnosed!

Posted on July 8th, 2014

When I was first diagnosed with thyroid problems my husband found me Dr. Maheshwari. I brought in my labs from my doctor and without running his own blood test he raised my meds. After I lost my job and insurance Dr Maheshwari agreed to work with us on payments. After our first visit he decided what we agreed on wasn't enough. I kept complaining of my symptoms not getting better and he literally touched my stomach and looked at the two (2!) Zits I had on my face and told me I had PCOS. He Never ran a blood test for it and I certainly didn't have acne. He had me in every 3 months knowing I didn't have insurance and every time my thyroid was in range and my symptoms went getting better. I'm now with a new Dr. Who tested me for PCOS which I don't have! And I don't have hypothyroidism but rather hashimotos because my new doctor listened about my symptoms not improving and tested me for everything under the sun!

Does Not Know How to Treat Hashimotos

Posted on May 15th, 2013

I went to him for 8 months. I was put on Synthyroid and then after 3 months he upped the dosage. I became severely Hyperthyroid and he told me to stop the medication. A month later I was still having severe symptoms and all he told me was that the medicine should be out of my system by now. Also, he would hug me all the time, which I did not care for and I thought was totally unprofessional.

Posted on March 29th, 2012