Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Hisham D Hamam has the following 2 specialties
Hospitalists are physicians who specialize in the care of patients in the hospital. The majority of hospitalists are board-certified internists and have completed the same training as other internal medicine doctors including medical school, residency and board certification examination.
Hospitalist activities include patient care, teaching, research, and leadership related to hospital care. They have more expertise in caring for complicated hospitalized patients on a daily basis since, unlike other specialists or primary care doctors, they spend most of their day in the hospital.
They often coordinate the care of their patients and act as the central point of communication among the different doctors and nurses involved in the patient's care. They are also the main physician for family members to contact for updates on a loved one.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hisham D Hamam has the following 4 expertise
- Chest Pain
- Gastrointestinal Bleeding
Dr. Hisham D Hamam has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Hisham D Hamam is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 3
I had a run in with this Doctor. He knew what he was talking about medically, until he was challenged. then it became about his pride. I was discharged from the hospital after much hoopla about nothing. I was given less than normal care due to the fact I challenged him. He had no bedside manners at all. He had no understanding of what a patient would feel like to be given grave news. Or how that patient would react, He was just devoid of all emotional connect. He gave incorrect information about how his hospital ran, when confronted with concrete proof of the opposite; he became very upset. Then I became the patient that had to leave after being told a few hours earlier I could not leave until certain levels were monitored. The last time I had the same problem it was a week long stay? I was sent home with medications I had to self inject this time? Needless to say I will avoid the hospital he works at and runs the inpatient area with the last once of breath I have.
William Beaumont Army Medical Center
Dr. Hisham D Hamam accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
Locations & DirectionsNorthern Cochise Community Hospital, 901 W Rex Allen Dr, Willcox, AZ
Dr. Hisham D Hamam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Willcox, AZ.