Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hitendra H Shah has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Hitendra H Shah has the following 20 expertise
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Weight Loss
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
- Women's Health
- Nutritional Support
- Chelation Therapy
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Family Planning
Dr. Hitendra H Shah has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 42
I have to drive almost 40 miles to see this doctor but I really think it is worth the drive because he is so very thorough and wants to help get to the root of the problem not just treat the symptoms. I appreciate this whole body more holistic approach based off of diagnostic tests and direct questions of the patient's symptoms. He does not rush you out or make you feel like you are taking too much time. He does answer each question you have and tries to stay away from drugs that aren't good for our bodies or have too many side effects. I like his non-judgmental approach to one's concerns and his willingness to work with my other health care providers to improve my health. I am so glad I found this doctor on Yelp and that he is in-network with my insurance. It is truly a blessing to feel hopeful about my health instead of being dismissed by a medical doctor and be told it's all in my head. The staff is friendly, I have no issues with parking so far. I have had 2 visits and my husband has had one. I usually do not return after one visit if the doctor does not convince me that he is really trying to get rid of the problem instead of just manage the symptoms. I am convinced this doctor cares about his patients and is really trying to help improve my quality of life.
Patients' Choice Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
41 Years Experience
Dr Vaishampayan Memorial Medical College
Graduated in 1977
Uc Irvine Medical Center
Dr. Hitendra H Shah accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA Advantage PPO Preferred DirectAccess Plus
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Individual
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Large Group
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
Locations & DirectionsWellness Medical Clinic, 23341 Golden Springs Dr Ste 210, Diamond Bar, CA
Dr. Hitendra H Shah is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Diamond Bar, CA.