Dr. Hiwot B Desta Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Hiwot B Desta?

Did not bother to introduce herself, had very poor mannerism. Didn't answer our questions- we will go alsewhere

The billing depart was terrible

Dr. Desta can be extremely rude and cares nothing for your feelings.

RN

Staff inconsistent, Dr. Desta. has a flat affect, poor bed side manner, and can be quite rude and arrogant. She also billed my insurance $10,000 for a simple colonoscopy. I do not recommend her as a doctor .

Patient

Fantastic staff, and Dr. Desta was caring and sincere. Highly recommend!!

My first office visit is with a N.P, so I actually never met Dr. Desta. This review is solely for rating the office visit experience. NP is fine too if it's a detailed exam..but the problem is, the exam doesn't seem detailed and the diagnosis is unclear...tests ordered seemed pretty aggressive..

I didn't actually get to see Dr. Desta (saw the N.P. instead), so I can't directly rate her. N.P. was very nice, but the whole visit was rather strange. They perform colonoscopies in their office (as opposed to in the hospital) which I suppose is fine, but as I was leaving I dropped my water bottle and it rolled under the chair in the exam room. I reached under to retrieve the bottle and it was disgusting. The dirt/hair/scum under there was unbelievable. I would never have a procedure performed in that office.

I find Dr. Desta to be in a hurry and she doesn't seem intersted in answering her patient's questions or concerns. My PCP left message for her when I was in intense Gallbldder pain during my first trimester but she did not return her call. When I paid her a visit she hardly spent two minutes with me. Told me I need to have my GB removed and made a weird face when I told her I am pregnant. She said there is nothing she could do I should just see a surgeon. She hardly spends two minutes with patients with intense lack of courtesy.

there is very little documentation kept as to office visits, requests etc. Nurses dont leave notes so that the office staff can follow through with prescriptions and referral requests. Little to no follow up and analysis of changes in lab results. I was made to believe my diagnosis was much worse than it was so if you have a complicated diagnosis it is probably best to go to a more knowledgable practice.

Great Doctor

Dr. Desta and her staff are fantastic. She is caring and knowledgeable and really takes time with each patient. She and her staff follow up very timely and are very effective in what they do. They make me feel like they truly care about me personally. I highly recommend Dr. Desta.

excellent doctor

Took excellent care of my problem. Courteous and friendly staff. Office runs well.

excellent physician