Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hoan Q Pho has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
Showing 5 of 14
I would continue to go see Dr. Pho except for two things: he always goes "worse case scenario" and scares you...and, two, JOANNE...probably the rudest, nastiest person I have ever dealt with in an office setting. I do not want to be lectured about medical issues by a "medical assistant". Stopped going to Dr. Pho because of her obnoxious attitude.
Have researched local doctors and personally interviewed Dr. Pho some 18 years ago. He has never failed me and trust him with my life and the life of my family. Have lived all over the US in my lengthy career, seen many doctors and Dr. Pho is tops is, by far, the best. He's a family man and really cares about my family.
All of my communication about my health is through office staff. The only time I can talk to him is during a visit. He tends to be flip and then when I was diagnosed with coronary artery disease, he was dramatic and said I would have to have open heart surgery. This was wrong, a visit to a cardiologist recommended other alternatives that were non-invasive. Dr. Pho is not timely. After a calcium scoring, it was two weeks before he called to tell me the results. I wait weeks for my other lab test results which I get via a clinical on line program, not from him. He does not accept Medicare assignment and patients must pay up front at the time of a visit and then get reimbursed by Medicare and/or supplementary insurance. Recently, it took 4 phone calls to get a prescription renewed correctly. I am switching to a different physician outside of this group practice.
25 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1993
University Hospital South Texas Medical Center
Dr. Hoan Q Pho accepts the following insurance providers.
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsPasteur Medical Associates Pa, 4410 Medical Dr Ste 100, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Hoan Q Pho is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.