Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hoda R Gabriel
Dr. Hoda R Gabriel, MD is a Doctor primarily located in San Antonio, TX. She has 48 years of experience. Her specialties include Pediatrics. Dr. Gabriel is affiliated with Northeast Baptist Hospital, Mission Trail Baptist Hospital and North Central Baptist Hospital. She speaks English.
Dr. Hoda R Gabriel has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Pediatric Diabetes
Showing 5 of 28
I really was very surprised to read the comments. I've been a Mom since 1987, and have a 17-yr-old who's been seeing Dr. Gabriel for more than 10 years. We have always been treated very well. The staff has always been friendly. I never noticed (in 10 years) dirty floors or rudeness - just don't get where these comments are coming from. It may not be the most elaborate medical facility I've ever seen, but it has always sufficed to accommodate my two sons (one now). There are hand-painted murals which I thought provided an enlightening ambiance for the little guys. Yes, we wait usually between 30 min or an hour BUT compared to MY doctors, it's not that long (seriously). Dr. Gabriel has been very courteous, thorough and I just am beyond perplexed as to the numerous inflammatory comments. Very stunned, quite frankly. I have been to MANY pediatricians and she is as courteous and competent as any I've met. Just don't get this.
My son was having problems with a cough amd 102.5 temp went to the er amd they told me to check in with his dr. We got an appointment a week later. The dr came into the rm and immediately said well he's a lottle slow isn't he ohh no I left. And switched drs they should never say something like that ever. My son is not slow at all.I was soo mad I would never recommend that place to any one. Please don't send your children there.
This place was an absolute nightmare!! The staff is extremely rude and unprofessional, no matter how kind you are to them. On top of that, I waited an hour and half to see Dr. Hoda Gabriel even though I had an appointment and arrived early. The waiting room and patient rooms are FILTHY. Floors and walls were stained and everything looked extremely dirty and cluttered...which is not something you want to see when you go to a doctor. I took my daughter there for a checkup and was very concerned she would catch something just being there. I quickly changed pediatrician offices after my 1st appointment. I should have read all of their horrible customer reviews on other websites before choosing this place. Do not take your children there!
Dr. Gabriel is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
48 Years Experience
Tulane University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1970
Harlem Hospital Center
Dr. Hoda R Gabriel accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
Ambetter Superior Health Plan
- Ambetter Superior Health Plan
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX Blue Advantage HMO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National HMO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
Imagine Health - Innovative Health
- Imagine Health Innovative Health
Imagine Health - SmartCare
- Imagine Health SmartCare
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthside Pediatric Clinic, 6750 Tezel Rd Ste 103, San Antonio, TX
Dr. Hoda R Gabriel is similar to the following 3 Doctors near San Antonio, TX.