Get the facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Holger P Salazar
Dr. Holger P Salazar, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Germantown, TN, with another office in Southaven, MS. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Salazar is affiliated with Baptist Memorial Hospital and Methodist Le Bonheur Germantown Hospital. Dr. Salazar has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Holger P Salazar has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- Heart Diseases
- High Cholesterol
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- High Cholesterol (Hypercholesterolemia)
- Unstable Angina
- Heart Attack
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 6
Dr Salazar is a good cardiologist and has taken care of my husband, when our daughter developed a heart condition resulting in many trips to the ER I felt that surely Dr Salazar would take care of our family as I thought he took my families care seriously. After calling for 3 days and told they would see if he could fit us in, I never got called with an apt and was told it may be a month wait!! Called to ask to see another Dr, anyone at Stern. Left many messages on the recorder, and never received a call back. Stern Cardiovascular has gotten to big for their britches and the care of their patients and family are suffering. Very hurt and disappointed and don't know what to do about my daughter but call every doctor I can and beg them to see her.
I was most impressed by how poor of a listener Dr. Salazar is. In an effort tto provide him with helpful medical history and background, he projected a dismissive attitude. Not necessarily rude, but more that he is oblivious to the importance of partnershipping with the patient and that he knows best, therefore, the patient's input/feedback holds minimal value to him. I would not recommend this doctor.
Regional Top Doctors
Castle Connolly is America's trusted source for the identification of Top Doctors. Their physician-led research team reviews and screens the credentials of tens of thousands of physicians who are nominated by their peers annually, via a nationwide online process, before selecting those physicians who are regionally or nationally among the very best in their medical specialties. Castle Connolly believes strongly that Top Doctors Make a Difference™.
Dr. Salazar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Lsu Health Sciences
Dr. Holger P Salazar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TN Blue Network S
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry PPO - TN
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana Memphis PPOx
- Multiplan PPO
- Qualchoice Statewide Network
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Holger P Salazar in this video.
Dr. Holger P Salazar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Germantown, TN.