Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colorectal Cancer Facts about Colorectal cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Head and Neck Cancer Facts about head and neck cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Lymphoma Lymphoma symptoms & the difference between Hodgkin's & Non-Hodgkin's.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Holly S Mason has the following 2 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure where the cancer has spread. In addition to removing cancer, they can perform any reconstructive surgeries that may be necessary.
Many surgical oncologists specialize in certain types of cancer, such as liver, lung or breast. Don’t be afraid to ask them what they have the most experience treating. When looking for a doctor, it’s important to know that general surgeons are also qualified to perform many of the same surgeries. However, surgical oncologists have specific training in recognizing and treating cancer, which some patients prefer.
Dr. Holly S Mason is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 13
Person in charge of office appointments (nurse ?) in preparation for Dr. Mason... was very rude! I took too long to fill out paperwork (as per her opinion). She grabbed my paperwork and asked me the questions (on speed dial) so that she could get credit for getting me ready - on time - for Dr. Mason. A VERY RUDE PERSON!!!!! Not a good idea to keep her on staff!!!!
Another example of a great dr. who has chosen to give her office staff too much ' power'. One in particular, the office mgr/nurse has let it go to her head. When you are dx with cancer and fearful you dont need someone being bossy , domineering and condescending. Thats what she is. Too bad Dr Mason does not straighten her out. This is no walk in the park. I went 3 weeks ago for a consult and after getting a Load of that one, I decided to go elsewhere. WHO NEEDS THE EXTRA HEADACHE IN THIS SITUATIUON? There are other good surgeons who have courteous office satff. I didnt haVE TO LOOK FAR TO FIND ONE.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2016, 2017)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Top 10 Doctor - City (2014)
Top 10 Doctors are chosen by the millions of patients who visit Vitals each year to find a new doctor and share their experiences by providing ratings and reviews. In order to differentiate highly-regarded doctors from the rest for patients in search of quality care, Vitals awards Top 10 Doctor honors to those physicians within a certain specialty and geographic area who are consistently given top ratings by their patients.
Dr. Mason is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
23 Years Experience
University Of Vermont College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1995
University Of Illinois Hospital & Health Sciences System
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsBaystate Medical Center, 759 Chestnut St, Springfield, MA
Dr. Holly S Mason is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Springfield, MA.