Dr. Holly Varner Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Holly Varner?

Great Doctor, Horrible Staff

Posted on March 7th, 2017

I really like Dr. Varner. She is very professional and caring, and took plenty of time with me and answered all my questions. After seeing several doctors before finding her, she was the first doctor genuinely interested in finding out what was the source of my sudden health condition. The other doctors I'd seen before becoming her patient had either scheduled a bunch of tests and then when not able to give proper diagnosis said said it was all in my head, there was nothing else they could do, and I should just get use to my new normal; or told me they'd never seen my condition before and then prescribed medication to treat the symptoms, wished me good luck and sent me on my way. Although the wait once in her office was long I didn't mind because I knew she was giving her other patients the same time courtesy as she gave me. Aside from Dr. Varner personally, I was completely dissatisfied with her staff. Her nurse assistant is unapologetically horrible at responding or following up with the patients on every level. It literally took her 6 months and 4 messages before she called me back. The other office staff are very nice and courteous. However, Dr. Varner's appointments are booked 4-6 months out, so do not cancel if you can help it. Even so, my appointment was rescheduled 8 times by her staff due to her being out of the office, and the natural weather.flooding issues we had here in Houston in 2015 so they were trying to accommodate the patients that were scheduled on those days. So after two years or being rescheduled over and over, and never getting to see her. I ended up having to find another neurologist. So, if you can get in to see her....do it! Just be prepared for a wait (in office and to get appointment).

Dr. Varner's office - poor communication / follow through

Posted on November 17th, 2015

I liked Dr. Varner, personally. But the lack of communication and follow-through was astoundingly poor. I had to get a new doctor.

Posted on July 20th, 2015

Had to ask for the test I needed. Sent results to neurosurgeon. Got surgery in a month.

RN, BSN

Posted on October 20th, 2014

First of all, you have to wait a decade to be seen, that is if you can ever get an appointment. Oh, and if you are so ever lucky to be seen by the one and only "Dr. Varner", and do get prescribed medication hopefully it works and doesn't cause your organs to shut down because of lack of monitoring/follow-up. She is way to busy to see anyone twice a year! So if you are looking for a long term doctor -who will follow-up, monitor your medication closely,she is not the one for you.

Posted on February 25th, 2014

I just adore this doctor. I have been seeing her for 10 years. I even travel to the medical center just to see her since relocating her practice. She always goes above and beyond, no matter what it takes in order to find a solution to the problem. I can't say this with doctors these day.

Posted on February 15th, 2013

I found her to be very awkward and scatterbrained. She forgot everything about me between appointments. She would repeat the same tests! I think my year and a half long experience was a huge waste of money and time.

Posted on September 27th, 2011

Making an appointment was easy, getting in was the hard part. She took several personal phone calls while in the room with me. She did ask alot of questions. Ordered an abundance of lab work, and then just forgot about me. I waited 3 weeks and started calling, and leaving messages, after messages, after messages. I finally had to email the head of Neurology to get a response from anyone. He nurse finally contacted me to say that all of the labs were good, and wanted me to have several other test runs, all of which I would have to search for a doctor and schedule myself. Dropping the ball is an understatement, and I would not recommend her to anyone.

The best...

Posted on March 30th, 2011

I've been a patient of Dr. Varner's for around 10 years and can honestly say she is the best Dr. I've ever had. I don't know what I am going to do when she retires. ;)

Posted on May 28th, 2016