Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Homayoon Hatefi has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Celiac Disease
Showing 5 of 16
I'm in my 20s and I went to the hospital 3 times and not one doctor could figure out what was wrong till the 4th doctor came (Dr.hatefi ) and he figured out instantely what was wrong with me. Thank goodness!! He explains what's going on (he's very knowledgeable) and is very caring..he is a very good doctor, no matter what age you are..
I have an elderly mother who had to have gall stones removed from the bile duct. Dr. Hatefi performed a non-invasive operation and there were no complications. We have known the doctor for over 20 years and he is friendly and knows what needs to be done. Furthermore, he follows through on post care.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2014, 2013, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2012, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Bergen Regional Medical Center
Dr. Homayoon Hatefi accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHomayoon Hatefi Md Pa, 145 Prospect St Ste 7, Ridgewood, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Homayoon Hatefi in this video.
Dr. Homayoon Hatefi is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ridgewood, NJ.