Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Homayoun S Amin
Dr. Homayoun S Amin, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Stockbridge, GA, with other offices in Jackson, GA and Locust Grove, GA (and 1 other location). His specialties include Internal Medicine, Cardiology and Cardiovascular Disease. Dr. Amin is affiliated with Southern Regional Medical Center, Piedmont Henry Hospital and Piedmont Atlanta Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Homayoun S Amin has 4 locations
350 Country Club Dr Ste A
Stockbridge, GA 30281
3758 Highway 42 Ste 302
Locust Grove, GA 30248
Book Online Now
Dr. Homayoun S Amin has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.<br>These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Cardiologists are doctors who specialize in the diagnosis, prevention and treatment of conditions related to the heart and blood vessels.<br>A patient may be referred to a cardiologist if he experiences symptoms like chest pains, shortness of breath, dizziness, or high blood pressure. The physician will then evaluate your symptoms, take your health and family history and your weight. The cardiologist may order additional diagnostic tests, such as an echocardiogram, X-ray or blood tests. If necessary, the cardiologist may also call for a cardiac catheterization - a procedure in which a small tube is inserted into or near the heart that can take pictures of the heart's activity, or relieve blockage.
Once determining whether there is a heart condition, a cardiologist will treat a patient through cholesterol management, cardiac rehabilitation, and fitness. If surgical intervention is required, like open-heart surgery, a cardiologist will make that determination, but a cardiothoracic surgeon will perform the procedure.
- Cardiovascular Disease
Dr. Homayoun S Amin has the following 13 expertise
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Diseases
- Heart Attack
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Unstable Angina
- Blood Clot
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
Dr. Homayoun S Amin is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Exceptional Doctors And Staff
Self-verified patient of Dr. Homayoun S Amin - Posted on January 15th, 2018
I needed a cardiologist to clear me in order to have kidney stone surgery. We were referred to Dr Amin, who worked us into his very busy day! Some of my tests indicated that I did need to have my cardiovascular system addressed further. However, realizing the need for the kidney surgery, he did further testing immediately, in the office, even though it meant that the medical assistants AND the doctor had to stay after their closing time. Everyone agreed to stay and determine if I could safely have the emergency surgery done that next morning. Shortly afterwards, it was determined that I needed an arterial bypass of both femoral arteries by Dr Day. Dr Day and his staff, also in Atlanta Heart, performed that surgery afterwards. We also saw Dr Kanukunta, who did a test to determine if my heart was compromised. All 3 doctors were exceptional! One of the med techs stands out as well. I hope I have the name right, Jose, who walked us around, was very kind, and performing tests that were urgent. Dr Day's surgical scheduler got me in ASAP by working her magic at the hospital! God Bless the whole crew!
Dr. Amin is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center
Dr. Homayoun S Amin Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & Directions
Dr. Homayoun S Amin is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Stockbridge, GA.