Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hon-Wai K Lam has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 3 of 3
Worst primary doctor I've got.First, he didn't want to spend much time with the patients. Of course when people are sick, they want to know what's going on, and try to understand the medical terms doctors mentioned. This doctor just is not happy to spend time explaining. You can definitely feel the temper.Second, he wants to charge you right away. Normally, the bill will go through insurance company, then you pay the amount your company told you to pay. In this office, they told you they THINK how much you should pay, and it's "normally accurate". Wait, what if you are wrong? the answer is "we will send you a refund check."Third, I had a blood test. This doctor refused to call me to let me know the result. He repeated: if the result are normal, I'm not going to call you. If it's abnormal, schedule a visit then I'll talk to you. So I asked the assistant, can you just let me know if he received the report (so that I can figure out it means normal)? Sadly, I never hear back from them. I guess if the report is abnormal and get lost on the way to his office, I'll never know!
- University Of California Los Angeles David Geffen School Of Medicine
Dr. Hon-Wai K Lam accepts the following insurance providers.
Blue Shield California
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA PPO
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA PPO
- UHC West SignatureValue Alliance
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsAlameda Center Physicians, 501 S Shore Ctr W Ste 103C, Alameda, CA
Dr. Hon-Wai K Lam is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Alameda, CA.