Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hong-I Shen
Dr. Hong-I Shen, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Longview, TX. He has 15 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Shen is affiliated with Longview Regional Medical Center, Good Shepherd Health System and Good Shepherd Medical Center. Dr. Shen has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Hong-I Shen has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Hong-I Shen has the following 2 expertise
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
Dr. Hong-I Shen has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 21
I think Dr. Shen and LaDonna are the best Doctor and PA in Texas. Very courteous, professional and spends time with you. Other then that the experience is an epic fail. The whole staff needs to be fired. I routinely wait in excess of 2 hours to see the doctor. I have never gotten my test results back without multiple calls and harassing the staff for the results. I recently had a test done at the hospital. Dr Shen's office scheduled it at least a week prior but never sent the order to the hospital. I had to wait over an hour for the hospital to contact Shen medical to get the order. Now I am still waiting for the office to call me with results that they should have had 2 days ago. Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Dr. Shen is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Longview Regional Medical Center
Good Shepherd Health System
Good Shepherd Medical Center
15 Years Experience
The University Of Texas School Of Medicine At San Antonio
Graduated in 1998
San Jacinto Methodist Hospital
Dr. Hong-I Shen accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS TX BlueChoice
- BCBS TX HMO Blue Texas
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsShen Medical Associates, 3100 4th St, Longview, TX
Dr. Hong-I Shen is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Longview, TX.