Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hong Wu has the following 2 specialties
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Pain Medicine
- Sports Medicine
- Chronic Pain
- Surgery Recovery
- EMG/Nerve Conduction Studies
- Nerve Damage
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
Dr Wu is a good doc, but her duties as a professor definitely take away from her attention to the patient and the patient/dr relationship. She will "sush" a patient who is talking to explain something to a student. I never seem to get enough one on one time with the doc. Mostly dealing with students and nurses. I also dont like that students do the spinal injections and nerve ablations instead of Dr Wu. I feel more like class material than a valued patient. However, she did a fabulous job of diagnosing and having the students treat my main source of pain. I am not thrilled that she cut me off of the pain meds I have been on for the last few years thru the pain dr who referred me. My goal was to eliminate the need for such medication, but I have had extreme chronic daily pain for five years and do not understand cutting the medication that makes the pain even tolerable off before the nerve ablation is complete. There are six total procedures that stretch over several months and actually create MORE pain until they work. So it has been way more painful than necessary. Good news is the lower left lumbar ablation done by dr hurley (dr wu was unable to make it due to emergency) worked great. Soon I have my last one for the right side and pray for success because to continue like this with only mild tramadol for pain relief is no kind of life. Overall... Good doc but lack of empathy and understanding of a patients level of pain. Expects you to tough it out I guess. And informative and friendly but does not provide adequate consult with patient during appointments because of students
Dr. Wu is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
30 Years Experience
Tongji Medical University
Graduated in 1988
Medical College Of Wisconsin
Dr. Hong Wu accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Common Ground Empower Trilogy
- First Health PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
Network Health Plan
- Network Health Plan HMO POS
- Network Health Plan Individual
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- WPS Group
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsFroedtert Hospital, 9200 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI
Dr. Hong Wu is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Milwaukee, WI.