Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Honghui J Feng has the following 2 specialties
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
- Pain Medicine
Dr. Honghui J Feng has the following 7 expertise
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Back Pain
- Neck Pain
Dr. Honghui J Feng has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 18
Excellent, compassionate, highly intelligent & articulate.
Dr. Feng introduced himself and was very easy to talk to. He listened to me. My procedure was pain free unlike my experience with the Indian lady who never spoke to me, I never saw her, and she did not use enough anesthesia. The experience with her was very painful. I felt everymove of the needle into my sacroiliac. I would never go to her again. I'm sorry to report this but my experience with Dr. Feng was so good that I felt I had to write something about the difference in treatment. My aftereffects were no different with the adequate anesthesia. I recently had open heart surgery and I never felt any pain.
Dr. Feng begins his assessment of my pain the minute he sees me-- even before he finishes greeting me. He takes in everything and can tell the level of my pain before he reads the pain chart I've filled out in the waiting room. He's always polite and courteous but the most important attribute is that he cares and he listens. He finds a way to treat the pain. I receive nerve blocks to the right arm-- they are always very effective but still he listens and tweaks the blocks so they best fit me. His nurses and staff have been very helpful and do all they can to create an environment to decrease your anxiety before a procedure. Their care is exemplary.
I find Doctor Feng to be very professional who takes the time to make you feel like your visits are very worthwhile. if you need extra time to discuss additional issues he will do this as best he can. I would recommend this Doctor to anyone in need. He listens to you intently and you leave his office feeling you have everything you wanted to know.
Patients' Choice Award (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
28 Years Experience
Shanghai School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
Beth Israel Medical Center
Dr. Honghui J Feng accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna CT AWH MC OA w/Pediatric Dental
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem CT HMO BlueCare
- Anthem CT Pathway X Enhanced Ind HMO
- Anthem PPO Century Preferred CT
- Anthem Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- Harvard Pilgrim ChoiceNet HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim HMO
- Harvard Pilgrim PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Liberty
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Honghui J Feng in this video.
Dr. Honghui J Feng is similar to the following 3 Doctors near New London, CT.