Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Bladder Cancer Facts about Bladder Cancer, including symptoms and treatment options
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Hoo Chun
Dr. Hoo Chun, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hawthorne, NY, with another office in New Rochelle, NY. He has 45 years of experience. His specialties include Internal Medicine and Medical Oncology. Dr. Chun is affiliated with SJRH - St John's Division, Phelps Memorial Hospital Center and Montefiore Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Hoo Chun has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Medical Oncology
Think of an oncologist as your main physician for cancer care. After being diagnosed, you’ll meet regularly with an oncologist to explore and manage your treatment options, as well as monitor your condition throughout the process. Medical oncologists are extremely knowledgeable in various types of cancer treatment and can recommend the right method for the type and stage of cancer you’re facing.
They may also refer you to additional specialists throughout your care, but they will always be your home base for questions and support. It’s also worth mentioning that medical oncologists deal mostly with solid tumors while hematologists specialize in cancers that involve blood disorders, such as leukemia.
Dr. Hoo Chun has the following 9 expertise
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Gastrointestinal Cancer
- Hepatocellular Carcinoma
- Lung Cancer
Dr. Hoo Chun has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Hoo Chun is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Chun is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
SJRH - St John's Division
Phelps Memorial Hospital Center
Montefiore Medical Center
Hudson Valley Hospital Center
Community Hospital at Dobbs Ferry
Montefiore New Rochelle Hospital
St Vincent's Midtown Hospital
Westchester Medical Center
Cabrini Medical Center
New York Medical College
Westchester County Health Care Corporation
St Vincent`s Medical Center
St Agnes Hospital
New York Presbyterian Hospital-New York Weill Corn
Westchester Medical Ctr-Whiteplains Di
45 Years Experience
Catholic University Of Korea
Graduated in 1968
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Hoo Chun, MD - Internal Medicine in Hawthorne, NY, in this video.
Dr. Hoo Chun is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hawthorne, NY.