Dr. Horace P Lo Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Horace P Lo?

Happy husband

Dr. Lo performed a colonoscopy on my wife and during the procedure he found evidence of an unusal growth pushing into the wall of the right ascending colon close to the appendix. This was followed up by a CT scan that afternoon to help isolate a diagnosis. It was determined that this growth was very rare and could have been either benige or malignant. A biopsy was deemed risky because of the potential of the abdomen becoming compromised with possible cancer cells. Although the condition was very rare, the procedure to correct and remove the growth was quite common. In this case, a right hemi-coloectomy was strongly urged with the removal of approximately 5-8 inches of the right ascending colon including the appendix which was suspect. This would eliminate the risks of cancer poliferation. In our judgement, Dr. Lo's surgical skills were exemplary and all diagnostic foundations were appropriate and sound. Post surgery, Dr. Lo discussed the outcome with us and he mentioned that he also surveyed the abdomen to the extent possible and found the onset of a hernia potential. He did not feel action was required at this time but be aware of it. My wife an I did a significant amount of homework on the procedure and surgeon evaluations. Obviously, this surgery concerned us so we looked at everything. After all was said and done, we could not be more pleased with Dr.Lo's handling of this surgery. My wife and I would not hesitate recommending Dr. Lo to anyone facing surgery. He has my full vote of confidence.

Dr. Lo inserted a port in my husband's chest to allow him to inject medicine for treatment of Chronic Lyme Disease. The port was extremely uncomfortable from the start. The medical staff told us brusquely that we should just apply ice and take ibuprofen and wait for the pain to go away. The pain became even more severe throughout the days and about 2 weeks later the port stopped working, resulting in the medication pooling under the skin rather than feeding into the line. After a trip to the local ER, we hoped to get a chance to see Dr. Lo in a timely manner, but could not be scheduled for an appointment until 5 days later. At our appointment, Dr. Lo told us that the problem was likely due to the fact that we had clotted the line during our administration of the medication. Dr. Lo was quick to inform us that he didn't believe in the treatment that we had been prescribed nor in the disease itself. He clarified that he was "willing" to do the surgery the first time, but would not be so willing to redo the situation. Since the port was not working, Dr. Lo needed to remove it, which he prepared to do right in the clinic. He numbed the area, then cut through the incision to get to the port. )Despite the fact that we were told to always wear a mask when changing the dressing--both my husband and the nurse doing the procedure--Dr. Lo did not wear any face covering while my husband was incised). When Dr. Lo pulled out the port, he noticed that the catheter tubing was only about half as long as what he had inserted originally. The rest of the tubing, as we discovered via an xray later, was stuck in my husband's left ventricle. Dr. Lo made some contacts with specialists in the area and we were sent to the emergency room at Theda Hospital in Neenah. The physician and nursing staff there were WONDERFUL--nurturing and competent at the same time. The doctor removed the catheter piece without incident, monitored my husband for a few hours, then sent us on our way. Today my husband is comfortable and happy to have the incident behind us. While we have no evidence that Dr. Lo or anything that he did was responsible for the broken catheter, our concern with this surgeon was his bedside manner. Throughout our experiences with him, it was a continually uncomfortable path. We will not return to Dr. Lo in the future, but will search for other surgeons elsewhere for the help that we need.