Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Horacio Adrogue
Dr. Horacio Adrogue, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Houston, TX, with other offices in Houston, TX and Houston, TX (and 5 other locations). He has 16 years of experience. His specialties include Nephrology and Internal Medicine. Dr. Adrogue is affiliated with The Methodist Hospital, Ben Taub General Hospital and University of Texas Medical Branch. He speaks English.
Dr. Horacio Adrogue has the following 2 specialties
A nephrologist is a physician who is specially trained to diagnose and treat conditions affecting the kidneys or renal system.
A nephrologist will determine through urine analysis, blood test, X-ray, sonogram, or kidney biopsy how well the kidneys are functioning and will then prescribe a special diet and exercise program, medication or dialysis - a process by which a machine filters the blood when the kidney is no longer capable of doing so.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Kidney Dialysis (Renal Dialysis)
- Kidney Stones (Kidney Calculi)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Adrogue is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
The Methodist Hospital
Ben Taub General Hospital
University of Texas Medical Branch
St Luke's Episcopal Hospital
Select Speciality Hospital
16 Years Experience
Texas Tech University
Graduated in 1997
Dr. Horacio Adrogue accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Horacio Adrogue is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Houston, TX.