Dr. Horacio Arias Is this you?

3.8

Have you seen Dr. Horacio Arias?

Time to retire! not a healthy old man

Yeah that title sounds mean. But this man is 90 years old, wears what appears to be a life alert watch opposite the wrist with a real watch, and fell asleep in the small time I saw him. If I didn't know he was 90 I'd have thought he was drunk. When he fell asleep I thought for a second he was dying. I had to actually wake him up. Wait time was 2 hours. (I lost track of time because I've been having seizures and insomnia) Dirty office, and beware the stairs. When you open the door it's just stairs leading to Narnia. Very steep. It's a very old little building. Very dirty. Chairs had no padding. He tried to give me Ativan after I told him I had a bad reaction to it and that I don't handle sedatives, and he ended up giving me xanax. Looked it up online, It warns not to take if you have epilepsy or open glaucoma- both of which I have. I'm just shocked. He needs to retire. He's dangerous in this condition. I also didn't even go to him for anxiety. That was only a symptom of a much larger problem. For this man, age does not come with experience. Only illness. I wouldn't have been surprised if he was the patient. The patients were all more put together than he was. Also there were two words he said that I couldn't understand at all, I have no idea what it was he was asking me. He tried to spell one and still had no idea. Please don't go to him if you speak English. Actually just don't go...this guy practicing medicine scares me. Be careful.

My First Visit

Dr. Arias is a busy doctor and I had to wait a considerable time to get an appointment. Nevertheless, My first visit was very positive. At first glance you might think that Dr. Arias is as old as Methuselah, but he seems to have kept up with the times as he uses computer technology that is more advanced and up-to-date than I have. He was quite thorough on this initial visit, giving me more than an hour to share my story (it might have been because I was his last patient of the day). By the questions he was asking I could tell that he knew his stuff. He's a board-certified M.D. and Psychoanalyst and I feel lucky to have him as it seems to me that these are a rare breed these days. "Psychologists have their usefulness," he explained, "we frequently work together to evaluate a patients need for medication to supplement talk therapy, but in more difficult cases when they've exhausted all their ideas they will often refer their patients to us (psychoanalysts)." Dr. Arias has been helping patients with a spotless record since 1954. You've got to give credit to a guy like that who keeps on keeping on and is in demand as much as he ever was.