Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Insomnia Facts about insomnia; who gets it and what causes it.
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Hosn Maatouk
Dr. Hosn Maatouk, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Mishawaka, IN. She has 23 years of experience. Her specialties include Internal Medicine and Sleep Medicine. Dr. Maatouk is affiliated with Franciscan St Anthony Health - Michigan City, Saint Joseph Health System Mishawaka Medical Ctr. and Franciscan St. Anthony Health Michigan City. She speaks English.
Dr. Hosn Maatouk has the following 2 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Sleep Medicine
A sleep medicine specialist is specially trained in diagnosing and treating disorders involving sleep.
Sleep disorders such as sleep apnea, restless leg syndrome and insomnia are very common and can often cause other serious health issues, such as depression, asthma, and migraines. Sleep medicine specialists often work in sleep centers where they observe a patient while sleeping and monitor brain waves, behavior, and vital signs in order to identify the causes of sleep disturbance, or an inability to sleep (insomnia).
Sleep medicine specialists treat patients through advising on sleep hygiene, providing cognitive behavioral therapy, using light therapy, or medical sleep aides.
Dr. Hosn Maatouk has the following 1 expertise
Dr. Hosn Maatouk is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Dr. Maatouk is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Franciscan St Anthony Health - Michigan City
Saint Joseph Health System Mishawaka Medical Ctr.
Franciscan St. Anthony Health Michigan City
Franciscan St. Anthony MC
SJRMC - Plymouth Campus
St. Anthony Hospital
23 Years Experience
University Of Damascus
Graduated in 1990
Mc Laren Regional Medical Ctr
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsSaint Joseph Health System Mishawaka Medical Ctr., 5215 Holy Cross Pkwy, Mishawaka, IN
Dr. Hosn Maatouk is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Mishawaka, IN.