Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Hossein Oskuiyan has the following 1 specialty
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. Hossein Oskuiyan has the following 12 expertise
- Weight Loss
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
- Heart Diseases
- Cholesterol Management
Dr. Hossein Oskuiyan has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 5 of 14
Do not go to this doctor if you are expecting someone to actually care about you. The office staff is curt at best, and rude most often. the doctor is never on time and if often not even in the office during your scheduled appt. he does not like to answer questions and will brush you off when you talk about your personal medical concerns. Doctors are supposed to be your caretakers..this one, is more like an undertaker. Be advised to find another doctor.
I eneded up having to go to the doctor's office twice because he didn't take the time to thoroughly look me over. And when I had to go back, he was a bit inpatient with me. This wasn't my first time seeing him. I generally only need to go to the doctor once a year for my annual check-ups and I couldn't remember the doctor that I had really liked a few years before since my insurance had changed a few times because of new jobs. Once my rushed appointment was over, I immediately realized this was the doctor I didn't want to use again.
I have been seeing Dr. Oskuiyan since 1998. He was the first to accurately diagnose my MS, the first to insist I be active in maintaining and participating in my health care. He is well trained and and constantly researches areas that are specific to each patients needs. If you have to wait a bit for him to finish hospital rounds, it is well worth the wait. He uses every tool at his disposal to make life better for his patients. I admire him and will continue to utilize him as my primary physician.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2010, 2011, 2012)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2010, 2011, 2012)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
U S Department Of Veterans Affairs
Dr. Hossein Oskuiyan accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Select
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem HealthKeepers HMO POS
- Anthem KeyCare PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CareFirst BlueChoice Advantage
- CareFirst BluePreferred PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsH Oskuiyan Md Pc, 1978 Opitz Blvd, Woodbridge, VA
Dr. Hossein Oskuiyan is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Woodbridge, VA.