Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Acne Important facts about acne and what causes it.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Houshang Aminian
Dr. Houshang Aminian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Phoenix, AZ. He has 48 years of experience. His specialties include Adolescent Medicine and Psychiatry. Dr. Aminian is affiliated with St Luke's Medical Center, ST Lukes Behavioral Health Center and Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Houshang Aminian has the following 2 specialties
- Adolescent Medicine
Adolescent specialists are doctors who have advanced training in the health issues that adolescents face. These physicians deal with issues like the onset of puberty, reproductive health, eating disorders, irregular periods, mood changes, drugs and pressures from home and school. For girls entering adulthood, adolescent specialists can act as both pediatrician and gynecologist, so they only have to see one doctor for all their needs.
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Birth Control
- Depressive Disorder
- Eating Disorders
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Sleep Disorders
- Substance Abuse
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 41
I have been seeing Dr. Aminian in excess of 5 years. Upon my initial visit I was diagnosed with PTSD. Dr. Aminian was extremely professional, empathetic and throughout the years has helped me immensely. I have never been asked for a credit card number nor dunned for money. My respect and admiration for this Physician is above reproach as he has always treated me with respect, listened to my concerns with patience and understanding. I highly recommend Dr. Aminian to anyone that is seeking a Physician/Psychiatrist to help them through difficult times as he has demonstrated in my experience.
Most interested in financials, not patient care. Spends little time (less than 5 minutes) in office visit on understanding, but finds time (in that 5 min) to ask when bill will be paid. Revolving door of patients in and out to get their Rx, not a true physician support experience. Rude and argumentative.
Dr. Aminian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
St Luke's Medical Center
ST Lukes Behavioral Health Center
Desert Vista Behavioral Health Center
48 Years Experience
Iran University Of Medical Sciences
Graduated in 1968
St Lukes Roosevelt Hospital Center
Dr. Houshang Aminian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Savings Plus of AZ
- BCBS AZ Alliance Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsBehavioral Health, 11020 N Tatum Blvd, Phoenix, AZ
Dr. Houshang Aminian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Phoenix, AZ.