Dr. Houston Putman III Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Houston Putman III?

Posted on May 17th, 2017

A great doctor. Very perceptive and knowledgeable.

Think Twice

Posted on October 30th, 2015

I had an awful experience with Dr. Putman. The first time I came in, he asked me a series of questions to determine a possible diagnosis, listed six different types of medications and asked ME which I wanted to try. I appreciate my input being considered in the treatment process, but really!? I ended up on a very high dosage of a medication which is not even approved for treatment of any of the mental disturbances I was having. He will also refuse to treat you if you don't cease alcohol and caffeine consumption entirely (regardless of your mental illness). Bottom line: there's a reason it's easy to get an appointment with him. Hope this helps someone.

Talented Psychiatrist!

Posted on February 25th, 2015

Dr. Putnam is extremely knowledgeable and very methodical working with his patients symptoms and family histories. I drive a great distance every four months because of the treatment plan Dr. Putnam provided once his evaluation was complete. He has adjusted meds based on new symptoms and always follows up. After years of going to various doctors and receiving numerous types of depression medications only to find they were ineffective and sometimes debilitating, I was finally put on a regimen that brought my life back. Some may be turned off by his calm, quiet demeanor as I was my first few visits. I now understand this approach allows me to talk and reflect without feeling rushed or judged. He listens very closely.

Terrible Psychiatrist

Posted on February 6th, 2012

I wasted several years going to this doctor. He had me so overmedicated that my quality of life was nonexistent. When I would try and express some of the things I was feeling he would make comments such as "you didn't tell me this last time"...in a rude tone. He has no personality, no warmth and I would not recommend him to anyone. I was also appauled at the fact I was charged for a missed appointment that I could physically not get to. Oh and his wife..aka..secretary Meg seems to run the show there especially when it comes to the financial part. She is also lacking in warmth and compassion. There are many wonderful psychitrists out there but unfortunately he is not one of them. I finally found a wonderful psychiatrist, such a breath of fresh air.

Posted on June 7th, 2011

I was depressed and went to several doctors including my family doctor and wasn't getting better. A friend recommended Dr. Putman and I went to him and he has really helped me. I cannot think of a single thing that could have improved my treatment.

A horrible experience in every way

Posted on June 1st, 2011

Concentration Issues Resolved

Posted on March 1st, 2011

I had been unable to concentrate for some time, affecting my work life, family life, social life, spiritual life... I had been previously misdiagnosed by three doctors. Within 3 weeks of seeing Dr. Putman and strictly following his recommendations, I was 100% better. Dr. Putman is highly professional, thorough, and kind.

Posted on July 27th, 2017