Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
About Dr. Hovanes J Ter-Zakarian
Dr. Hovanes J Ter-Zakarian, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Los Angeles, CA. He has 42 years of experience. His specialties include Family Medicine. Dr. Ter-Zakarian is affiliated with Methodist Hospital Southern Ca and California Hospital Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Hovanes J Ter-Zakarian has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Dr. Hovanes J Ter-Zakarian has the following 7 expertise
- Family Planning
- Weight Loss
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Dr. Hovanes J Ter-Zakarian has 0 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Showing 3 of 13
My grandmother was his patient for a long time, and we changed her doctor after she was hospitalized. He gave lots of medication not related to her sickness. The medication treated the side effects and not the actual sickness. He did a lot of tests on her and afterwards did nothing. On the hospital we learned that the hospital does not accept him there and all his patients were treated by a different doctor. Due to his carelessnes my grandmother had a surgery. The staff are careless, rude, and unprofessional.
Ter-Zakarian is the worst doctor I've ever met. He and his staff is extremely careless and unprofessional. All they care about is money, not the people's health! I'm writing this only because I really want people to know the truth and not to go to Ter-Zakarian. I've gone to him only couple of times, but my relatives been visiting him for longer. He would prescribe pills without proper test, and when his pills didn't work for you, and you keep complaining that you feel worse, he wouldn't change anything, because he DOESN'T CARE about you! That happened to me and several my relatives.
Dr. Ter-Zakarian is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
42 Years Experience
Yerevan University Of Traditional Medicine
Graduated in 1976
St Joseph Medical Center
Dr. Hovanes J Ter-Zakarian accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna HMO Deductible Plan CA only
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Savings Plus of CA
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
Blue Cross California
- BC CA California Care Small Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA PPO Prudent Buyer Small Group
- Blue Cross CA California Care Large Group HMO
- Blue Cross CA Pathway X HMO
- Blue Cross CA Priority Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select HMO
- Blue Cross CA Select Plus HMO
Blue Shield California
- BS CA Platinum 90 PPO
- Blue Shield CA Access Plus HMO
- Blue Shield CA Bronze 60 PPO SHOP
- Blue Shield CA Bronze Full PPO 4500
- Blue Shield CA Platinum Access+ HMO 25
- Blue Shield CA Silver 70 PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- CIGNA Southern CA Value
- Health Net CA CommunityCare Network HMO
- Health Net CA HMO Employer Group
- Health Net CA HMO SmartCare
- Health Net CA HMO Whole Care Network
- Health Net CA Individual and Family PPO
- Health Net CA PPO
- Health Net EPO - PureCare One Small Business
- Health Net PureCare HSP Individual and Family Plans
- Health Net SmartCare Large Group
- Health Net SmartCare Small Group
- Humana Choice POS
LA Care Health
- Molina Mrktplace CA
Locations & DirectionsTer Zakarian Medical Clinic & Laboratory Services, 5250 Santa Monica Blvd Ste 310, Los Angeles, CA
Dr. Hovanes J Ter-Zakarian is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Los Angeles, CA.