Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard S An has the following 1 specialty
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Howard S An has the following 18 expertise
- Bone Fracture
- Sports Medicine
- Joint Pain/Swelling
- Herniated Disc
- Knee Surgery
- Hip Surgery
- Age-Related Problems
- Head and Neck Disorder
- Back Injuries
- Spinal Fractures
- Joint Replacement
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Dr. Howard S An has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Howard S An is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 29
This doctor is a quack. We were sent to him by workmans comp for an independent medical examination for my husbands back injury. He did no assessment and wrote in his recommendation whatever workmans comp wanted. He flat out lied and his recommendations were completely opposite those of two other respected surgeons/doctors from Loyola. We are being forced to see him again for another IME. We shall see what kind of lies he gets paid to write this time.
Dr. An did a great job on my surgery, I wouldn't have gone to anyone else nor wld I recommend it. very nice in person, very short with words but he knows what he's doing! His nurse Jackie is very nice & helpful. On another note...THE HOSPITAL STAFF (nurses, post-op) ARE THE ABSOLUE WORST I HAVE EVER HAD!
I have a herniated disc in the C5 and C6 area of my neck. I went to Dr, An for a second opinion. Dr. An told me he could do a fusion or an M6 cervical disc replacement after looking at MRI. I chose the disc replacement surgery and I couldn't be happier I am on day three after surgery and I already feel a difference. I was only in the hospital overnight and I came home yesterday. Dr. An is an outstanding surgeon and answered all questions before surgery and now I am on my way to getting my life back because my pain from the herniated disk has ceased. Thank you Dr. An!
After filling out mounds of paperwork, I was left with an electronic device I was not familiar with. No one explained how to work it. Too many assistants and students, but only 2 minutes with Dr. An. He refused to do surgery and told me to go back to pain clinic. Fortunately his suburban surgeon competitor had plenty of time for me and said I AM a surgical candidate. So happy to find someone who listens and gives back HOPE. Don't waste your time here. It's run like a factory
36 Years Experience
Ohio State University College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1982
Thomas Jefferson University Hospital
Dr. Howard S An accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL BlueChoice Select
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National HMO
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsMidwest Orthopedics at Rush, 1611 W Harrison St, Chicago, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard S An in this video.
Dr. Howard S An is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.