Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard M Arof has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Hot Flashes
- Women's Health
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
- Pelvic Exam
- Child Birth
- Birth Control
- Menstrual Pain
- Pap Smear
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 39
I can't even begin to describe how arrogant and dismissive this doctor is. Reading other patients' reviews only confirms my own opinion: IF you are pregnant or want to become pregnant, this may be the doctor for you. BUT if you have ovaries and a uterus but do not want to be pregnant STAY AWAY FROM THIS JERK. He absolutely does not care about you. It is really upsetting. But gynecologists are a dime a dozen and I've found one who does seem to care. Arof is a money grubbing. And his staff is horrific also. I had an appointment with him and an ultrasound. I drove down to the office, paid $29 for parking and he wasn't even there. He had been called off for an emergency (read delivery) and his staff didn't even bother to call and tell me. I had the ultrasound and then had to schedule another appointment to see Arof. All he want is money. Be careful.
Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree (2015, 2014, 2016, 2013)
Vitals Compassionate Doctor Award - 5 Year Honoree recognizes doctors with the highest scores in bedside manner for five consecutive years. This honor is granted to a few distinct doctors in the United States based on experiences shared by patients.
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2012, 2011, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2008, 2016)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2016, 2009, 2013, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2015, 2014)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice 5th Anniversary Award (2012, 2013)
The Patients' Choice Award - 5 Year Honoree is a recognition granted only to those doctors whose ratings have reflected excellence in care for five years in a row. Only 1% of all doctors in the United States are bestowed this honor by their patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2016)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
39 Years Experience
Northwestern University The Feinberg School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1979
Northwestern Memorial Hospital
Dr. Howard M Arof accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry HealthAmerica PPO
- First Health PPO
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- PriorityHealth Priority PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsNorthwestern Obstetrics And Gynecologic Consultants Llc, 676 N Saint Clair St Ste 1880, Chicago, IL
Dr. Howard M Arof is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Chicago, IL.