Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Lupus Get the facts about lupus, including symptoms, risk factors, and the different types.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Ulcerative Colitis Facts about ulcerative colitis, including causes, signs and symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard B Baum has the following 2 specialties
- Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Cushing Disease
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 1
- Diabetes (Types I & II)
- Gland Issues
- Addison Disease
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 11
When I called the staff was very abrupt to even make an appointment. She was very unprofessional and called me "sweetie" and "honey" for the few minutes I spoke with her. I was trying to find an endocrinologist, but apparently he doesn't have my specialty. Instead of trying to help or listen she hung up. I realize they don't have my specialty, but the way she handled the call was very rude. I couldn't even finish telling her about my thyroid diagnosis, before she hung up. I do think he treats thyroidism, but according to her he ONLY treats diabetes?? Who knows what he treats since his staff won't even let you explain your condition. They are done with you before you even start the call, if you are not diabetic. After being treated like I wasn't worth her time, I would NOT recommend this doctor.
31 Years Experience
Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1987
Johns Hopkins Health System
Dr. Howard B Baum accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsVanderbilt University Medical Center, 1211 Medical Center Dr, Nashville, TN
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard B Baum in this video.
Dr. Howard B Baum is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Nashville, TN.