Dr. Howard Barnebey Is this you?

3.2

Have you seen Dr. Howard Barnebey?

Dr Barneby is the Glaucoma/Cataract Expert

Posted on May 17th, 2017

I recommend Dr. Howard Barnebey to anyone needing help with glaucoma or cataracts. Years ago, I went to Dr. Barnebey at the Specialty Eyecare Center for a second opinion after another ophthalmologist told me I had serious glaucoma. Dr. Barnebey assured me the situation was not so dire, but given long-standing characteristics of my eyes and a family history of glaucoma, I began seeing Dr. Barnebey every 4-6 months. Eventually, as my intraocular pressures rose to the top of the normal range, Dr. Barnebey prescribed eye drops to control the pressure. Last year as I developed cataracts and my visual acuity decreased, Dr. Barnebey performed cataract surgery, removing the natural lenses and implanting Bausch & Lomb Trulign Toric multi-focal lenses. These lenses, unlike earlier fixed focus artificial intraocular lenses, allow a remarkable amount of accommodation to different focal distances. I have abandoned glasses for distance, and though I use reading glasses for continuous reading and close work, I don’t need glasses for quickly reading the paper or all the everyday things done at arm’s length. As a side benefit (apparently this happens about 30% of the time), the cataract surgery lowered my intraocular pressures to the point that I no longer have to take glaucoma drops. Thanks to Dr. Barnebey’s knowledge and surgical skill, I’m free of glasses and drops and seeing better than I have in decades.

Posted on May 22nd, 2015

I had cataract surgery by Dr. Barnebey. I had a great outcome, and the follow-up care has been excellent. I will continue to have him as my Ophthalmologist.

Posted on July 4th, 2014

Rude, arrogant staff. No listening. No follow-up. Barnebey may have experience and credentials, but there is a pervasive culture in his office that is not patient oriented. Avoid this practice! There are plenty of other good Ophthalmologists in the Seattle area.

Posted on June 2nd, 2014

I am really not sure why Dr. Barnebey is still practicing or has any patients at all based on my experiences and reading the majority of these reviews. He is absolutely one of the rudest doctors I have ever met in my life. He has no care, no compassion and no respect for anyone. Why is he allowed to practice medicine with this attitude? Why does anyone accept this as OK? My advice is for everyone to stop going to him until he agrees to change his attitude and manner. Why give him any of your money! I know I will not ever again!!

Posted on August 31st, 2013

Dr. Barnebey is rude and shows little care to his patient and staff. Every seems afraid of him. He never clearly explained my condition and gave a list of things to do and to purchase for my eye care. I had to push him repeatedly for further explanation. His staff was also no help. When I asked for background information, I was told to search it myself on Google without specific detail. When I asked about billing questions, they also could not provide me with detail. He recommended an expensive and ongoing treatment but never convinced me why I need it. He did not earn my trust nor my return.

Run away FAST !

Posted on July 25th, 2013

Chaotic office, with rapid turnover of staff. At one time perhaps the most qualified in his fiend, though now abrupt and disheveled looking older doctor, who has no patience with his patients. Wait and wait and wait, get shifted from one tech to another, most of whom are quite lovely people, though clearly afraid to challenge or question this physician? If you have severe glaucoma issues, there are now several excellent alternatives in the metro-Seattle area, and it is no longer necessary to endure this physician. Someone mentioned 'businessman' and yes, it does feel like a factory in his offices. Cannot comment on his 'diagnosis' skills as I was referred for surgery from another office.

Posted on June 13th, 2013

A very professional doctor with amazing skills. Prompt, informative and compassionate. Thank you for such great service.

Posted on August 23rd, 2012

Always have to wait, very difficult to get someone to drive me to the appointment because it ends up taking so long. Dr is always in a rush to get on to the next patient. I am changing doctors.

Waiting Time

Posted on April 10th, 2012

Staff polite, sometimes front desk person very cold. Never on time with appointments even though you are scheduled for the first appointment in the morning.

Posted on October 10th, 2011

Dr. Barnebey has been treating a persistent cornea infection for a few years. I have been satisfied with his diagnosis and treatment but his bedside manners need improvement. During my last appointment I voiced no confidence in his associate doctor who performs the refractions because after three tries the eyeglasses were unsatisfactory. Dr. Barnebey made a rude comment and passed me off to the same associate for another refraction that is somewhat better. He instructed me to make follow-up appointments with the associate. I won't be back.

Poor Communications

Posted on August 18th, 2011

Dr. Barneby maybe a fine knowledgable doctor but unfortunately he is not able to display sincerity. It may be that he is from the old school....he acts superior to his patients and does not welcome questions. It is his way or the highway. Unfortunately after seeing him several years I have decided to discontinue as his patient. He is rude.

better ones out there

Posted on May 23rd, 2011

This office is not worth your time. The office is clean and very nice looking, they just did a remodel and you could tell where the money went. Every time I go I have to wait at least an half an hr past my appointment time. Dr. Barnebey is experience and knowledgeable enough, but once your in the room with him he acts likes your just one of many and only spends 5 minuets with you. All along acting like he can't wait to get to the next patient and that your wasting his time. His staff was very nice and accommodating and makes the experience much more tolerable. In the long run, there are other ophthalmologists in the Seattle area that are just as experienced and good with much better people skills. Look around before you go here.