Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Howard Benensohn
Dr. Howard Benensohn, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Washington, DC, with another office in Miami Beach, FL. He has 47 years of experience. His specialties include Psychiatry. Dr. Benensohn is affiliated with MedStar Georgetown University Hospital and Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, Dc. He speaks English.
Dr. Howard Benensohn has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder / Manic Depressive Disorder
- Depressive Disorder
- Sleep Disorders
Showing 5 of 13
I went to him when I was diagnosed with an anxiety disorder. I had trouble swallowing pills and he told me specifically to pour the powder from the Prozac capsules onto some applesauce then ingest it that way. It turns out doing that creates an adverse reaction. Because of his incompetence, I ended up in the hospital, where they made me take even more medication because of the state that I was in. That was in 2011 and I am still recovering from that situation. He definitely shouldn't have his license and unfortunately I didn't have it in me to sue him for medical malpractice, which is what he deserves. I could fill a book with all the troubles that snowballed from his misguidance. Never go see him.
I don't know about that other review - sounds like she doesn't know much about psychotherapy/analysis. You don't go to a single session expecting a 'quick fix'. Treatment can takes months or years. Second, 1 star for follow up doesn't make sense because analysts aren't supposed to follow up. I don't want my shrink calling me at home! About MY experience: finding the right analyst for YOU is a personal, subjective consideration. I felt Dr. Benensohn was very easy to talk to, definitely smart and insightful, and trustworthy. He has tons of credentials and experience. He started right on time and ended a few minutes OVER. The office is soothing and modern without being over done.I'll go back.
Dr. Benensohn is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
MedStar Georgetown University Hospital
Georgetown University Hospital, Washington, Dc
47 Years Experience
University of Chicago
Graduated in 1966
Dr. Howard Benensohn accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions
Dr. Howard Benensohn is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Washington, DC.