Get the facts about lung cancer, including how many people get it and what increases your risk for developing it.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Adult Asthma Facts for adult asthma, including triggers & how allergies affect it.
- Allergic Asthma Facts about allergic asthma; who gets it & the most common symptoms.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Cystic Fibrosis Facts about cystic fibrosis, including the symptoms of the condition.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard M Braver has the following 2 specialties
- Pulmonary Disease
A pulmonologist is a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of conditions related to the lungs and respiratory tract.
These specialists are similar to critical care specialists in that their patients often require mechanical ventilation to assist their breathing.
Pulmonologists diagnose and treat patients with conditions such as asthma, cystic fibrosis, asbestosis, pulmonary fibrosis, lung cancer, COPD, and emphysema. Exposure and inhalation of certain toxic substances may also warrant the services of a pulmonologist.
Some of the tools and tests pulmonologists use to diagnose a patient are a stethoscope in order to listen for abnormal breathing sounds, chest X-rays, CT scans, blood tests, bronchoscopy, and polysomnography.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Angiographic Visualization
- Tuberculosis (TB)
- Chest Infection
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
Showing 5 of 28
Dr. Braver is a wonderful doctor, but his staff ugh so rude they know how to deal with their patients, with the exception of the front desk young lady she is a sweetheart if I was Dr. Braver I would start looking for new employees especially the check up girls and a few medical assistants. Crystal rocks it love her. His office manager walks around with his pants hanging down acts like his head is in the clouds. But Dr. Braver is a great doctor, love him.
Dr, Braver office has little or no respect for his patients. Waited over 2 hours and still had an hour and a half to go. Ended up rescheduling as did many other patients. Many patients were waiting out in the hallway as there was not enough seating. Not sure if it is a lack of respect for the patients, poor management or just a plain lack of caring on their part. No explanation as why the incredibly long wait. The young lady at the desk had an attitude and obviously didn't care I asked why the long wait and she stated it is always like that. First apt went smooth will try again on the rescheduled appointment.
Dr Braver is a nice person but his staff is incompentent and uncourteous. They overbook appointments (probably his fault). . For example if you have an 8 AM appointment, there will be at least 16 people (all sick sitting and waiting in his cramped) waiting room for that same 8 am appointment. You don't get to see him until 10:30. His staff takes your blood pressure / vitals first in the office in front of everyone passing by, then theuy make you go back out to the lobby and wait more. Ask for a mask because you will get worse just sitting and breathing in the same air as all those sick people in the waiting room. After you see the doctor, an assistant, Kiana, will schedule appointments for you but I observed her spending alot of time making personal phone calls while the patients including me are standing right in front of her. His staff will ruin his business.
Dr. Braver is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
28 Years Experience
Medical College Of Georgia School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1990
University Of Florida Health Shands Hospital
Dr. Howard M Braver accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS Florida myBlue
- Florida Blue BlueCare HMO
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana HMO Premier
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
UHC of the River Valley
- Neighborhood Health Partnership Commercial
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Locationttcqeayetrwczwezdueawsrsbdyr
Locations & DirectionsPinnacle Healthcare System, 3700 Washington St Ste 500, Hollywood, FL
Dr. Howard M Braver is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hollywood, FL.