Get the facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Howard S Brode MD
Dr. Howard S Brode, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bloomfield Hills, MI. His specialties include Psychiatry and Neurology. He speaks English.
Dr. Howard S Brode has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Howard S Brode has the following 12 expertise
- Depressive Disorder
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Sleep Disorders
- Personality Disorder
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. Howard S Brode - Posted on July 14th, 2010
Very cautious to the point will not venture to try a new drug, when nothing else is working; Understanding, nice, but just lacks the confidence to try to go outside the box to the point the patient suffers from being given the best psychiatric medicines possible; Difficult to treat patients are a struggle for him; probably excellent with the garden variety depressed or anxious patient
Detroit Psychiatric Institute
Dr. Howard S Brode Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Howard S Brode's office for more information.
2748 Heathfield Rd Bloomfield Hills, MI : (248) 333-1010
Locations & DirectionsHOWARD S BRODE MD, 2748 Heathfield Rd, Bloomfield Hills, MI
Dr. Howard S Brode is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bloomfield Hills, MI.