Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Howard D Dorfman has the following 2 specialties
- Anatomic Pathology
A pathologist is a physician who specializes in the causes and paths taken by different diseases in order to accurately diagnose an illness.
Pathologists diagnose and determine the characteristics of a disease through the study of biopsies of diseased tissue or of bodily fluids. For example, a pathologist will look at a biopsy of a skin lesion in order to diagnose or rule out skin cancer. A pathologist will also look at a Pap smear in order to check for a gynecological cancer like cancer of the uterus.
In addition to determining the cause and development of a disease, these specialists also study the changes a disease makes to a body and the consequences of those structural changes.
Dr. Howard D Dorfman has the following 22 expertise
- Benign Connective Tissue Cancer (Fibroma)
- Tissue Biopsy
- Giant Cell Tumor of Bone
- Soft Tissue Cancer
- Femoral Cancer (Thigh Bone Neoplasm)
- Malignant Bone Tumors/Cancer (Osteosarcoma)
- Multiple Primary Cancer
- Blood Testing
- Bone Tumor (Osteochondromatosis)
- Metastatic Cancer
- Blood Vessel Cancer (Hemangiosarcoma)
- Fluid Testing
- Soft Tissue Cancer (Sarcoma)
- Bone Tumors/Cancer (Chondrosarcoma)
- Nervous System Cancer (Neurilemmoma)
- Benign Cartilaginous Tumor (Chondroma)
- Soft Tissue Tumors (Myofibroma)
- Giant Cell Tumors
- Bone Cysts
- Rheumatic Diseases
Dr. Howard D Dorfman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Howard D Dorfman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 2
- State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center College Of Medicine
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsMontefiore Medical Center, 111 E 210th St, Bronx, NY
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard D Dorfman, MD - Pathology in Bronx, NY, in this video.
Dr. Howard D Dorfman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Bronx, NY.