Autism Spectrum Disorder
Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), including the different types and the most common symptoms.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- Home Allergies Facts about indoor allergies, including symptoms & common allergens.
- Persistent Asthma Facts about persistent asthma, including the criteria for diagnosis.
- Pregnancy Facts about pregnancy, including symptoms you can expect to have.
- Ragweed Allergy Ragweed allergy facts: symptoms, how to avoid it, trigger foods.
- Seasonal Allergies Facts about seasonal allergies, the different types and the symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard J Fisher has the following 1 specialty
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
Dr. Howard J Fisher has the following 5 expertise
- Pediatric Diabetes
Dr. Howard J Fisher has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Howard J Fisher is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 23
I took a foster child of mine to this Dr. I was highly impressed with the entire visit, lack of wait time, etc., that I decided to take my next foster child there. When I called to make an appointment, I spoke to an aggravated receptionist because she was unable to get the medical background of my foster child from their case worker, and thus refused to make an appointment. I noted they didn't have the prior medical history of my other foster child and they saw her without a problem, w/out medical history provided. The Dr then proceeded to get on the phone, just as aggravated as the receptionist, stating that he couldn't take anyone in without medical records. I asked again about my prior foster child, no reason as to why that one was an exception. I'm not sure what the problem is. I have been fostering children for over 3 years now, have used numerous doctors, none have refused to "talk" about making an appointment because they had no prior history. If he does not want to deal with welfare, Medicaid cases, don't bother signing up for it. Don't punish the children because the system is overwhelmed. And don't be rude to the foster parents who are trying to get these kids help. We deal with these children, the system, their parents, and now you.
He is a little bit too impatient with kids that are scared of Doctors.
Dr. Fisher is a FANTASTIC doctor! He is fast, but he listens, he explains and answers every question I have. His knowledge base is excellent and he is up to date on the latest research. He gives meds when warranted and gives great suggestions when not. He refers to specialists when needed and has never debated with me when I have asked to go to oneThe icing on the cake is his PHENOMENAL office staff. I have never come accross an office that cared more about 'thier kids'!
Patients' Choice Award (2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
On-Time Doctor Award (2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
Vitals On-Time + Promptness Award recognizes doctors with consistent high ratings for timeliness of appointments. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and promptness scores.
North Shore University Hospital
Dr. Howard J Fisher accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS MA Blue Care Elect PPO
- BCBS MA Preferred Blue PPO
Capital District Physicians Health Plan
- CDPHP New York State of Health - Small Business
- CDPHP PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
Locations & DirectionsHoward J Fisher Md, 960 Teaneck Rd, Teaneck, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard J Fisher in this video.
Dr. Howard J Fisher is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Teaneck, NJ.