Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Arrhythmia Facts about arrythmia, inclding the types, symptoms and causes.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Coronary Artery Angioplasty with Stent Coronary artery angioplasty with stent facts, including who needs it.
- Coronary Heart Disease Get the facts about coronary heart disease.
- Deep Vein Thrombosis Facts about deep vein thrombosis (DVT), including symptoms & causes.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Howard Z Goldschmidt
Dr. Howard Z Goldschmidt, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Ridgewood, NJ. He has 35 years of experience. His specialties include Cardiovascular Disease and Internal Medicine. Dr. Goldschmidt is affiliated with Valley Hospital. Dr. Goldschmidt has received 3 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Howard Z Goldschmidt has the following 2 specialties
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Attack
- Heart Diseases
- Unstable Angina
- High Cholesterol
- Heart Block
- Heart Failure
- Blood Clot
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 17
Dr Goldschmidt has been treating my husband and myself for more than 20 years. He is a quiet, calm, studious man, who cares about his patients and attempts to get to the bottom of any problem his patient is having. He is responsive when his patient needs him, and his staff is equally courteous and responsive. His reputation for being one of the finest Cardiologists in our area is well known and well deserved.
I Like the fact that he is not an alarmist. Iv'e had ovarian cancer so so many of my specialists treat me like I'm fragile. He is relaxed and really nice. He is the first doctor that put me on hypertensive meds that worked. My Bp is always good in spite of the fact that I have a benign arythmia and a murmer. I like his staff and the wait time is normal.
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area (2017)
Castle Connolly Top Doctors: New York Metro Area™ are specialists and primary care physicians who are highly recommended by their peers and other healthcare professionals. The Castle Connolly research staff reviews both professional qualifications and professional reputation prior to Top Doctor status being awarded. This recognition identifies the top physicians in the New York Metro Area who possess a high level of medical skill and expertise.
Compassionate Doctor Recognition (2015)
Compassionate Doctor certification is granted to physicians who treat their patients with the utmost kindness. The honor is granted based on a physician's overall and bedside manner scores.
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Goldschmidt is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
35 Years Experience
Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons
Graduated in 1983
Mount Sinai Medical Center
Dr. Howard Z Goldschmidt accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Empire Blue Priority EPO
- Empire HMO
- Empire PPO
- Empire Prism EPO Blue Priority
- First Health PPO
- Horizon BCBS OMNIA - TIER1
- Horizon Direct Access
- Horizon HMO
- Horizon OMNIA
- Horizon POS
- Horizon PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- Oxford Freedom
- Oxford Health Garden State
- Oxford Liberty
- Oxford Metro
- QualCare HMO
- QualCare PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsValley Medical Group, 1200 E Ridgewood Ave Ste 204, Ridgewood, NJ
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard Z Goldschmidt in this video.
Dr. Howard Z Goldschmidt is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ridgewood, NJ.