Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard A Hargrave has the following 1 specialty
Anesthesiologists are physicians who are trained to administer anesthetics, which are medicines used to block nerve sensation. Anesthesia can be either local to one specific part of a body, like a tooth, or regional to block feeling to a larger portion of the body, such as during an epidural for child birth. It can also be more general to block sensation to the entire body, resulting in unconsciousness.
Anesthesiologists assist in surgery by determining how much anesthesia is necessary and by monitoring the patient's level of responsiveness and vital signs throughout the procedure. The anesthesia specialist will also bring the patient out of anesthesia and then continue to monitor his or her vital signs post-operation.
Besides assisting in surgeries, anesthesiologists may also treat patients suffering from chronic pain.
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 2 of 2
This was the best operation experience that I have ever had. He has a great and creative personality that is helpful in his field. Told me that it was his job to do the worrying. He gave me a pill to keep me from throwing up afterwards and medication that made me very relaxed. He distracted me with questions about my day while he was putting me under. I did not know that I was going under. Usually they make you count down. This was way more effective. The next thing I knew, I was waking up in disbelief that it was over. I was like really the operation is over really. Very little pain and for the first time I did not throw up. In fact I ate a muffin right after which was offered by the nurse and the wonderful staff at the grand valley surgical center. What a great combination. Dr Daniels, Dr. Hargrave and the staff at gvsc. Everyone was so friendly. What a great experience.
18 Years Experience
Temple University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 2000
Dr. Howard A Hargrave accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsButterworth Hospital, 100 Michigan St NE, Grand Rapids, MI
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard A Hargrave in this video.
Dr. Howard A Hargrave is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Grand Rapids, MI.