Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard A Heit has the following 3 specialties
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Pain Medicine
- Acute Pain
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Chronic Pain
- Hepatitis C
- Cancer Pain
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 10
Dr. Heit cares more about money and covering his butt than he does about his patients. His staff was often rude. Dr. was frequently condescending and would repeat things over and over as if were an idiot. He cut me off of my meds and I spent 6 weeks detoxing and in horrible pain. He did not care. He told me to stop calling him and asking for help (I had lost my job and could not pay his "CASH ONLY" fee.) I had been a patient for >6 years and by that time had paid him thousands of dollars. Unreal.
Dr Heit is one of only a few doctors in the Washington DC metro area willing to help chronic pain patients. Through personal experience he understands what it is like to live with chronic pain, and does what he can to provide help and information. He is a leader in the field of pain management and takes this role seriously. He is compassionate and willing to go out of his way to help his patients. I highly recommend him.
Walter Reed National Military Medical Center
Dr. Howard A Heit accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsHoward A Heit Md, 8316 Arlington Blvd Ste 232, Fairfax, VA
Dr. Howard A Heit is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Fairfax, VA.