Dr. Howard Homler Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Howard Homler?

Fabulous Dr. Homler

Posted on June 3rd, 2015

The best Dr. I have ever had. Really thorough and cares about his patients. Even gets on the phone with you personally after hours if you have a problem.

A Step Above...

Posted on February 25th, 2015

Dr. Homler is an excellent doctor and is well respected by the medical community. He listens to you and goes over any lab work in great detail explaining what your numbers represent and how to take steps to improve it if necessary. His waiting time after signing in is very prompt and close to your appointment time. Dr. Homler has extensive knowledge on out of the ordinary ailments . He seems to always come up with an answer. He is very busy with a lot of patients, so have your visit and questions planned out well.

Great Doc

Posted on January 15th, 2014

Dr. Homler is a kind, compassionate, highly skilled and knowledgeable doctor. He's thorough in his workup/physical diagnosis. Seems always up to date with the the latest in the medical journals, and often cites particular recent studies to support his treatment plan, or thinking. He's a great communicator, patient and will take the time to listen and explain things. I would highly recommend him. Did I say he's really smart?

Posted on October 22nd, 2012

I have been seeing Dr. Homler for over 15 years and never have I had a more knowledgeable, caring, and professional physician in my life. I have many friends who are MD'S who have said that Dr. Homler is probably the best Internist in the Sacramento region. I wouldn't give up Dr. Homler for anything.

Extremely professional and effective Internal Medicine Specialist.

Posted on July 1st, 2012

One of the best and most effective doctor visits I have ever had. Dr. Homler is a great diagnostician and spent considerable time working up a health recovery plan for me. His ideas on a complete healthy lifestylve approach to living works to every patients advantage.

Worst Dr. Ever!

Posted on December 29th, 2011

If you are looking for a Dr. that will treat you as a real person, if you want to ask questions or get clear information then don't go to Dr. Homler. His idea of responding to questions is to shove an article in your hand leave you to read it and come back and as far as he is concerned he has done his job- no need to engage in a dialogue with the patient as you are inferior to him in every way. If the article didn't resolve your concerns and you have the audacity to further question the Dr. he will severe your relationship as his patient. No discussion, just leaves the room. He left me without needed medication for on going thyroid disease- all this after waiting 6 months to see him for first visit and another 4 months after lab work.

Staff rude

Posted on August 6th, 2011

Great Smart DR

Posted on June 20th, 2011

Great Dr! Knows his stuff and is one of the best in the region.

Doesn't Listen

Posted on February 23rd, 2011

Posted on February 3rd, 2011

You better take out the title of infectious disease on your door and office. You have no idea how to properly diagnose and identify specific diseases, mmmm I don't know, like MRSA.

Terrible staff, worse office policies

Posted on January 26th, 2011

Might be a good Doc, I'll never know. Or care. After waiting 6 months for an appointment with him, I walked out of the first visit based on the following information:1) Annual $35 administrative fee not covered by insurance, despite receiving specialist fees from insurance and collecting copays. I thought about it and probably would have paid it if they offered above average administrative services -- but they don't.2) CASH ONLY policy (no credit cards) results in my inability to use my health care reimbursement account visa card, therefore I would have to file a paper claim for every single visit to his office vs. swiping the card, being aproved and DONE.3)Inability or Ingorance regarding Microsoft HealthVault, Google health and other online medical records services. This is still fairly new so I didn't ding them but they need to come into the year 2011. It's not 1972 any more. I want my labs avaialable online for my future reference as opposed to storing paper copies or having to scan all that crap myself. 4) They CAN fax or email a prescription to my mail order prescription service. This is a basic expectation for all my doctors. The "Cash Only" policy was the big showstopper for me. I make 6 figures and paying isn't the issue. Its the administrative overhead it creates for me, and especially when he wants to charge extra for administrative support that he doesn't provide. Sorry doc - take a hike.

Seems way too busy and over worked

Posted on December 10th, 2010

Office staff was very rude and could not be bothered with questions. Dr. Homler was too busy to talk with me as he stated, "I am too busy with patients". I wonder if his attitude was like this 28 years ago or has it changed over time?