Dr. Howard I Shapiro Is this you?

2.8

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Howard I Shapiro?

Dr. Shapiro is very arrogant and condescending...I am on 4 different medications for depression and anxiety and they are not working well at all...I have asked him to maybe change a medication or have mentioned other medications that others with my condition have said helped them...He flat out said no...I'm not sure what to do at this point :( But it's good to know that I'm not the only one with negative experiences with this doctor.

Horrible

Condescending and arrogant He does not listen to patients he had of me on so many barbiturates that I should've died he didn't read my medical list to see the other meds I was on that react horribly to the barbiturates he gave me he had me on 6 mg of Clonopin at one point and when I told him I was having a bad reaction he wanted to raise it again I'm glade I didn't listen cuz I had to go to the ER because of this worthless doctor don't go to him if you want to live

Super

I have had lots of mediocre experiences with mental health care so was pleased and a little surprised with Dr. Shapiro's respectfulness, patience, and attention to detail. When I emailed him with a question about side effects, rather than respond to my email he called me because he said he needed additional information before he could answer my question! The only thing is don't miss your appointment, because he is so busy it can be a wait to get it rescheduled

Terrible Psychiatrist

I was showing signs of PTSD and started to shed a few tears (not a breakdown) when discussing the incident that caused this. In response he asked if this was one of the crying spells I had mentioned. He also insisted I had ADD because I could not properly tell the story start to finish. And insisted I be put on medication for this. I was concerned about taking medication for ADD but he put me on adderall without clearly explaining what to expect. He also took me off my low dosage anxiety medication -I had been on this for a year with no complaints- and put me on something far more powerful that caused complications. He was clearly disgusted with my inability to completely explain the traumatic event and I went home and cried. He was extremely condescending and I sincerely doubt patients voluntary see him twice. I will be reporting him.

Terrible

ArrogantDismissiveCondescending

Dr. Howard I Shapiro is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ann Arbor, MI.