Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- Chronic Pain Facts about chronic pain, including body parts most commonly affected.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Diabetic Neuropathy Facts about diabetic neuropathy, including the symptoms and doctors.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard J Ilivicky has the following 2 specialties
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.
He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
A neurologist is a physician who diagnoses and treats disorders of the nervous system which is comprised of the brain, spinal cord and nerves. These doctors do not perform surgery, but refer patients to neurological surgeons when they determine that surgical intervention is necessary.
Some of the conditions that neurologists diagnose and treat are epilepsy, aneurysms, hydrocephalus, Parkinson's disease, multiple sclerosis, stroke, spinal disc herniation, and spinal disease.
In addition to using diagnostic tests like MRI, CT scans, EEG and EMG, neurologists also employ neurological testing to gauge muscle strength and movement, balance, reflexes, sensation, memory, speech, and other cognitive abilities.
Dr. Howard J Ilivicky has the following 12 expertise
- Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD) / Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Sleep Disorders
- Mental Illness
- Mood Disorders
- Depressive Disorder
- Manic Depressive Disorder
- Personality Disorder
Dr. Howard J Ilivicky has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Howard J Ilivicky is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 47
I've been seeing psychiatrist for ten years know on and off. Doctor ilivicky is by fare the best provider I've been under. Every appointment he asks me how I'm doing and if something isn't working he will try a different approach. I've even seen other doctors for periods, yet I'm always welcome back. Unlike most other psychiatrists I've seen, Dr. ilivicky actually takes notes and keeps track of treatments. I've had othe psychiatrists who have forgotten what meds I'm on, and even my name. He is soft spoken, empathetic, and kind. Unfortunately his staff can be less that desirable at the times, but still better than I've seen. Wait times can also drag on, but well worth the wait. He is definitely not a pill pusher, which I love. No matter how many other doctors I've seen, I always go back to him. He's literally the bestI've found so far. I highly recommend him.
I liked him the first time we met. But it did take 4 months to get an appointment, and scheduling followup appointments can be hard. Seemed smart, and a good guy. After a few appointments, I figured out I was wrong. Smart doesn't mean good. Probably good with people that think doctors are always right.
Dr. Ilivicky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Washington University In St Louis School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Duke University Medical Center
Dr. Howard J Ilivicky accepts the following insurance providers.
- Anthem Blue Access PPO
- Anthem Blue Preferred HMO
- Anthem Blue Preferred Plus POS
- Anthem MO Blue Preferred Options
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS IL PPO
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- Cigna MISSOURI NET - NET POS Seamless
- HealthLink PPO
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
Locations & DirectionsPsychiatric Care And Research Center, 4132 Keaton Crossing Blvd, O Fallon, MO
Dr. Howard J Ilivicky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near O Fallon, MO.