Retina Specialist

Dr. Lazarus is one of very few retina specialist in the Kentuckians area. With over 32 years experience he has kept me from loosing my vision. The staff is very nice too.

Optic nerve destroyed during surgery

My eye was permanently damaged by Howard Lazarus on Dec. 9, 2009. I was left with no usable vision, severe pain that persisted for years and had to travel to the Wills Eye Institute in Philadelphia to learn what had happened becaus Lazarus did not ever say. It affected my balance and every aspect of my life changed. Iā€™m an engineer and I was unable to continue with that line of work. I woke up during that surgery and was then given much too heavy a dose of general anesthetic. I spoke to several attorneys when I was able and none would take the case because the surgery took place in Indiana. According to them, no one can sue a doctor in Indiana because each case must be presented to a peer review group, and they each told me no doctor would say another was guilty. One attorney told me others had attempted to bring suit against Lazarus, unsuccessfully. He could have opted to tell me what happened during surgery and apologize, yet he did not. He is a mouse, not a man. I pray for his soul.

He is an exceptional pnysivisn that is very highly recommr drd and very budy. He has been my specialist for over 12 years. He is very apologetic iv the wait time is extrnded fue to an emergency. Excellent bed side manner and vourteous staff. Highly recommend

He was very rude during my ordeal with detached retinas. Very unpleasant to me and horrible to the surgical staff. Couldn't wait to get away from him. He is very knowledgeable in his field but it sure didn't make up for how traumatized I was by him. Would NEVER go back to him.

A lifesaver!

Dr. Lazarus was one of 3 retinal specialists I saw for a VERY large floater in my eye. The first two specialists (in other local practices) were rude and uncaring and acted like it was nothing to have this in my eye (just live with it). I wish I had been sent to Dr. Lazarus first, because he took out the floater and I instantly could see better and all the anxiety the floater caused was gone. More specialists should be like him and take care of their patients better. I really appreciate what he did for me.

Count on being there 2+ hrs

Love everything but the wait time. I'm there on time...initial exam/dilation by staff is timely, 15-20 min. Then any additional requests (eye scan) 10 min later. And then the hr+ wait (and that's considered by staff as he's not being tied up) .. see the doc for 10 min.

Dr. Howard S Lazarus is similar to the following 4 Doctors near New Albany, IN.