Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Alzheimer's Disease Facts about Alzheimer’s Disease, including the symptoms and stages.
- Atrial Fibrillation Facts about atrial fibrillation, including symptoms and risk factors.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Howard Levinsky
Dr. Howard Levinsky, MD is a Doctor primarily located in River Forest, IL. He has 37 years of experience. His specialties include Gastroenterology, Internal Medicine and Geriatric Medicine. Dr. Levinsky is affiliated with OSF St Joseph Medical Center, Northshore Skokie Hospital and St Alexius Medical Center. He speaks English.
Dr. Howard Levinsky has the following 3 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Geriatric Medicine
A geriatric specialist is a physician who treats the elderly population and the conditions that most commonly affect them. These doctors have special training in the effects of aging on the body and mind of a patient.
Geriatric specialists treat common ailments faced by senior citizens, such as frailty, incontinence, memory problems, arthritis, senility, decreased functioning and more.
In addition, geriatric specialists keep abreast of the different medications that an elderly person is prescribed to treat their more complex health issues in order to decrease adverse side effects and avoid dangerous drug interactions.
Dr. Howard Levinsky has the following 14 expertise
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Alzheimer's Disease
- Colon Cancer
- Colonic Polyps
- Crohn's Disease
- Dementia Related Behavioral Disorders
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Cirrhosis
- Ulcerative Colitis
Dr. Howard Levinsky has 2 board certified specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Howard Levinsky is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Dr. Levinsky is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
OSF St Joseph Medical Center
Northshore Skokie Hospital
St Alexius Medical Center
Weiss Memorial Hospital
St Anthony Hospital
Methodist Hosp Of Chicago, Chicago, Il
Rush Oak Park Hospital
Highland Park Hospital
Lincoln Park Hospital
Methodist Hospital Of Chicago
Mount Sinai Hospital
Mt Sinai Hospital Medical Center - Chicago
Kindred Hospital - Chicago North
Alexian Brothers Behavorial Health Hospital
Alexian Brothers Medical Center
Saint Joseph Hospital, Resurrection Hlth Cr
37 Years Experience
Creighton University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1976
Michael Reese Hospital Medical Center
Dr. Howard Levinsky accepts the following insurance providers.
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Locations & DirectionsHoward Levinsky MD, 931 Bonnie Brae Pl, River Forest, IL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard Levinsky in this video.
Dr. Howard Levinsky is similar to the following 3 Doctors near River Forest, IL.