Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Howard I Levy
Dr. Howard I Levy, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Atlanta, GA. He has 32 years of experience. His specialties include Pain Medicine, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine and Orthopaedic Surgery. Dr. Levy is affiliated with Emory University Hospital. Dr. Levy has received 1 award. He speaks English.
Dr. Howard I Levy has the following 4 specialties
- Pain Medicine
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Orthopaedic Surgery of the Spine
- Orthopaedic Surgery
Dr. Howard I Levy has the following 15 expertise
- Spinal Injections
- Compression Fractures
- Spinal Stenosis
- Electromyography (EMG)
- Neck Pain
- Back Pain
- Herniated Disc
Dr. Howard I Levy is Board Certified in 2 specialties
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 43
I felt Dr. Levy was highly professional and quite knowledgeable in his field. I knew, for the most part, that I had few if any options. He was concise, helpful and explained specifics to me and provided some insight for me on my pain issues. Too many people choose not to be their own health advocates and expect their physicians to coddle them. He is your doc, not your best friend. Most docs are on very tight schedules, they put up with your insurance company's stupid regulations and prior authorizations. I have no issues with his care or his personality.
Dr. Levy was very nice, I don't understand what some of the reviewers below were talking about. I almost canceled my appointment when reading these reviews and I am glad I did not listen. He was punctual, knowledgeable, took time to answer my questions and made sure he had addressed my concerns. I rarely write reviews but feel compelled to in this case.
Could care less. A fool in a Doctor's smock. Emory should be ashamed.
His staff and junior doctor (for lack of a better term) were wonderful and very nice. His diagnosis seems very accurate, and he seems very knowledgeable. But as a person he comes off as a jerk. Very much the stereotype of the conceded, holy than thou doctor. There are a many many great doctors under the Emory umbrella. Maybe he was just having a bad day.
Patients' Choice Award (2008, 2009)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Levy is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
32 Years Experience
University Of Miami Leonard M Miller School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1986
Dr. Howard I Levy accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice HMO
- BCBS GA Blue Choice PPO
- BCBS GA Blue Open Access POS
- BCBS GA BlueChoice Option POS
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry CoventryOne - GA
- Humana Choice POS
- Humana ChoiceCare Network PPO
- Humana National POS
- Humana Preferred PPO
- Multiplan PPO
- PHCS PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
Locations & DirectionsEmory Orthopaedics And Spine Center, 59 Executive Park South NE, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard I Levy in this video.
Dr. Howard I Levy is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.