More than 22 million Americans of all ages have asthma. Prepare to talk to your doctor about symptoms, diagnosis and treatment options.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Asthma More than 22 million Americans suffer from asthma. Get the facts.
- Autism Spectrum Disorder Get the facts about Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD).
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Childhood Asthma Childhood asthma facts, including causes, symptoms & complications.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Grass Pollen Allergy Get the facts about grass pollen Allergy.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Howard Mangurten
Dr. Howard Mangurten, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Hoffman Estates, IL. He has 36 years of experience. His specialties include Pediatrics and Internal Medicine. Dr. Mangurten is affiliated with Alexian Brothers Medical Center, St Alexius Medical Center and Alexian Brothers Behavorial Health Hospital. He speaks English.
Dr. Howard Mangurten has the following 2 specialties
A pediatrician is a doctor who specializes in the regular care of children, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of illness in children. Young patients are often more complicated to treat because they are still growing and developing.
While pediatricians may sub-specialize in specific therapy areas like oncology, surgery, ophthalmology, and anesthesiology, in general, pediatricians provide services like vaccinations, health exams, and treatment of common ailments and injuries. In addition, pediatricians are trained to handle the complex emotional and behavioral issues faced by children, especially during puberty.
Pediatricians normally see their patients from birth until the age of 18, although some may agree to treat patients into their early 20s, if requested.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Weight Loss
- Weight Loss (non-surgical)
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 5
Worst visit ever!!! This is a GREEDY doctor. I told this guy to bill my insurance for the visit, but he still sent the blood work to a lab that my insurance did not cover, even after EXPLICITLY telling him not to. Then, he sends me a bill for $687. I called my insurance and convinced them to pay this as a one-time fee. My insurance sent a letter to me stating that as a one-time deal they paid the blood work in full. This doctor then sends me a letter offering a special "discount" and that I still owed $381 and must be paid immediately. My insurance already paid him in full! I told him that, and then he sends it to a collection agency despite showing proof! I called him again and he insists that the insurance only paid partially DESPITE the letter from the insurance company that they paid the WHOLE THING. I've never seen a greedier doctor! AVOID. The visit itself, he was bored and I can tell that he did NOT want to be there. Worst visit ever!!!
Dr. Mangurten is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Alexian Brothers Medical Center
St Alexius Medical Center
Alexian Brothers Behavorial Health Hospital
36 Years Experience
University of Illinois at Chicago
Graduated in 1977
Dr. Howard Mangurten accepts the following insurance providers.
- View by Location
Locations & Directions990 Grand Canyon Pkwy, Hoffman Estates, IL
Dr. Howard Mangurten is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Hoffman Estates, IL.