Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Bowel Incontinence Facts about bowel incontinence, including causes & who's most at risk.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Crohn's Disease Facts about Crohn’s Disease, including how it affects the body.
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard B Maunus has the following 2 specialties
A gastroenterologist is a specialist in diagnosis and treatment of conditions involving the digestive/gastrointestinal (GI) tract. These doctors are experts on how food moves through the digestive system and is chemically broken down, with nutrients being absorbed and waste excreted. You might see this kind of doctor if you are experiencing any number of stomach issues, some of which might be severe diarrhea, irritable bowel syndrome, hemorrhoids, ulcers, acid reflux, Crohn's disease and more.
- Internal Medicine
An internist is a physician who focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of conditions that affect the adult population—both acute and chronic.
These doctors are often who adults see as their primary physicians because they treat a broad range of illnesses that do not require surgical or specialist interventions. They also work to help a patient maintain optimal health in order to prevent the onset of disease.
In addition to treating the common cold and flu, internists also treat chronic diseases like diabetes and heart disease.
- Acid Reflux Disease (GERD)
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Abdominal Pain
- Ulcerative Colitis
- Celiac Disease
- Hepatitis C
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
Showing 5 of 25
Dr Manaus is not the type of doctor you should go to if you are having any serious GI issues . He will order tests but does NOT follow up with results . Dr Manaus and his staff basically left me out to dry when I was very sick . He put me on a liquid only diet with no help with nutrition . Don't go to him if you have a complex case . I had to learn the hard way . Also Tracy ,the lady who works in there told me over the phone that she just didn't have time to handle my case and she knew that I was so sick that I was bed ridden ! I hope this wards off any heart ache for someone else .
Dr. Maunus is good at doing procedures, but does not listen well to patients. For followup and treatment I'd go to someone else. His office staff does not pay enough attention to details, such as preference for appointment time, providing information to other doctors, and sending copies of reports to patients.
Dr. Maunus is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
31 Years Experience
Jefferson Medical College Of Thomas Jefferson University
Graduated in 1987
Medical College Of Pennsylvania
Dr. Howard B Maunus accepts the following insurance providers.
- AvMed Empower
- AvMed Engage
- Avmed Choice
- Florida Blue BlueOptions
- Florida Blue BlueSelect
- CIGNA HMO
- CIGNA LocalPlus
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
Coventry Health Care
- Coventry FL Employer Group HMO Open Access
- Coventry FL Employer Group PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsGastroenterology Consultants Of Stuart, 1141 SE Indian St Ste 102, Stuart, FL
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard B Maunus in this video.
Dr. Howard B Maunus is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Stuart, FL.