Dr. Howard D Merzel Is this you?

3.4

Have you seen Dr. Howard D Merzel?

The doctor lacks personality. You do not feel you are important to him. It is impossible to read his mind so you may leave his office with unanswered questions. On the other hand, he has a great staff in the Geneseo office.

It was just for a upper scope but he was very nice and inforative.

OMG...never again

Run for your life.

This guy is awful. He is rude, condescending and basically told me I "have to control my stomach problems with my mind." Huh? He did an endoscopy (it sounds stupid but I'm not sure he actually even did it) and said everything was rosy. I have been suffering severe heartburn since 1988 and my esophagus is just perfect! Either I'm the luckiest chump on the face of the earth or he's totally incompetent. All my other gastro symptoms are apparently all in my crazy little head. If I could give him less than one star, I would.

worst dr i have ever been to

reading other reviews was like reading my own story. i have had very painful and embarassing stomach issues that were quickly dismissed by dr. merzel. he talked down to me the two times i saw him, rushed the entire visit, told me my problems were in my head, after basically begging to order tests because im in pain all the time, constantly get sick and have trouble moving around, he finally did. He might be very knowledgable but i wouldnt know based on the time he gave me. i was extremly disappointed and will be seeing a better doctor for next visit. I was ready to walk out i was so angry

I recommend him