Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Dr. Howard W Morningstar has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
- Weight Loss
- Family Planning
Showing 5 of 20
If this is the Dr Morningstar that interned at Pawtucket Memorial Hospital in Rhode Island I would like to say that the way he took care of me when I was pregnant was amazing he took the best care of me I was scared an he put me at ease an talked me into natural child birth the best doc ever an I always wondered where he went I remember he told me he was going back home to Oregon Thanks Dr Morningstar From one of your First Pageants
Has a formidable array of credentials. I feel if his first impression with you is good, you're in as far as courteous service, advice, and good information goes. However, if, for any odd reason or nuance, he just doesn't have a report with you from your very first visit, don't count on informative feedback. Nuances that annoy him: not too sure. Perceived religious beliefs; booger in your teeth you forgot about, countenance isn't a smiling one, you're a Christian, who knows. The most time you'll get from him in an office visit is 5 minutes, TOPS; often less. Paris,the nurse in his office, gives far more time, in my experience, and is genuinely concerned. Also, for ladies, Sue, his wife, is the best. I know Howard is good...I guess we just didn't hit it off. Wish I knew why.
I have been a patient of Dr. Morningstar since 2000 and absolutely believe him to be an excellent doctor with a caring staff. I've had many health concerns over the past decade and Dr. Morningstar has never let me down. He will always see you that very day if you are sick. He's always ready to answer any questions or concerns you may have, and is good at explaining complicated things in a "down-to-earth" way. With Dr. Morningstar you get the best of both worlds, besides Yale (heard of it?) he is also highly trained in alternative medicine, and often his "folk remedies" are spot on. If you're looking for a great family doctor that cares deeply for the health of his patients, look no further. He also has a wonderful staff, in an interesting building completely unlike most doctor offices. They've always been able to work with various insurance companies I've had, and have never not followed up on anything. I feel grateful to have Dr. Morningstar as my doctor, and most people I know feel the exact same way.
I've been Dr Howard Morningstar's patient for 13 years. He's a real old fashioned family doctor who cares about me, and he also is very helpful when i have questions about natural medicines. He even made a house call when i was too sick to come in. He is the kind of doctor that gives doctors a good name.
Dr. Morningstar is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
29 Years Experience
Yale University School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1989
Dr. Howard W Morningstar accepts the following insurance providers.
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna Managed Choice POS Open Access
- Aetna Signature Administrators PPO
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- CIGNA Open Access Plus
- CIGNA PPO
- First Health PPO
- Health Net OR PPO
- Moda Health Community Care Network
- Moda Health Connexus
- Moda Health Summit
- Moda Health Synergy Network
- PacificSource PSN
- PacificSource SmartChoice
- PacificSource SmartHealth Oregon Members
- Premera LifeWise Connect
Providence Health System
- Providence PPO
Regence Health Plans
- Regence OR Preferred Provider Network
- UHC West SignatureValue HMO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Options PPO
- View by Location
Locations & DirectionsMorningstar Healing Arts, 534 Washington St, Ashland, OR
Dr. Howard W Morningstar is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Ashland, OR.