Get the facts about birth control so you can decide which type is right for you.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Contraceptive Implants Facts about contraceptive implants; how they work, benefits & risks.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- Hysterectomy Why a hysterectomy is performed and different surgeries available.
- IUD Types, risks & benefits of intrauterine devices (IUD) for protection.
- Infertility Facts about infertility, including the risk factors and causes.
- Menopause Facts about menopause, including the stages, symptoms, and types.
- Menorrhagia Get the facts about menorrhagia, including the causes, symptoms, and doctors who treat it.
- Migraine Facts about migraine headaches and different types of migraines.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Howard Mortman
Dr. Howard Mortman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Sharon, CT, with other offices in Sharon, CT and Winsted, CT (and 2 other locations). He has 28 years of experience. His specialties include Obstetrics and Gynecology. Dr. Mortman is affiliated with Vassar Brothers Medical Center, Sharon Hospital and Sharon Hospital, Sharon CT. He speaks English.
Dr. Howard Mortman has the following 1 specialty
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
An obstetrician & gynecologist, or OB/GYN, is a physician who cares for women throughout their pregnancies, straight through to the delivery of their baby (obstetrician). They also specialize in annual care, as well as the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the female reproductive system (gynecologist). Many physicians specialize in both of these fields in order to provide complete overall health services to women at every stage of life.
Dr. Howard Mortman has the following 4 expertise
- Hot Flashes
- PMS (Premenstrual Syndrome)
Dr. Howard Mortman has 1 board certified specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience
Dr. Howard Mortman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 5 of 14
The best! Was lucky enough to have him deliver both of my babies. Could not ask for a more professional, caring and attentive doctor.
I was 39 weeks pregnant and started having complications I called the office and was told to immediately report to maternity ward at Sharon hospital. Dr Mortman was not on call, but did stop in to check on me that morning. While he was there my baby went into distress and her heartbeat dropped. He saw the complication and decided to do an emergency csection to prevent any harm to my baby. He was in a suit and tie, and not even supposed to be working. However he went into other room and quickly changed into scrubs and few minutes later delivered my beautiful baby girl!!! He even stopped in every morning to check on me during my stay!! I was terrified and scared to have an emergency csection but I know Dr Mortman made a decision that was best for me and my baby!! I would highly recommend him!!
Dr. Mortman is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
Vassar Brothers Medical Center
Sharon Hospital, Sharon CT
28 Years Experience
Sackler School Of Medicine
Graduated in 1985
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & Directions
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Howard Mortman in this video.
Dr. Howard Mortman is similar to the following 3 Doctors near Sharon, CT.